WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

Canon 24-70 f2.8 L Lens Focus ring niggle

SGIBBONS 11 56 1 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2011 5:12PM
Hi All,

Ive searched the forums already to see if this problem has been posted already, but couldnt see it.

Ive just today bought a Canon 24-70 f2.8 L Lens for my 5dMK2. I checked the focusing in the shop etc and all the usual checks, or so i thought till i got home and noticed some very slight play in the focusing ring. I called the shop back and they said to come back and change it for another. I checked another 3 in the shop (2 of which were part of the 5dMK2 kit, so it wasnt a batch problem) and all 3 were the same as mine. the thing that niggles me is my other L lenses dont have this problem, so im wondering if anyone else has Canon 24-70 f2.8 L Lens with the same thing ? Ive also sent an email to canon to ask the same.

Thanks very much for your time and help !!

Sam
big fella 17 485 England
8 Apr 2011 6:33PM
Just checked mine and my 70 - 200 f2.8 they have a little "play", but it is hardly noticeable and there isn't anything wrong with my lenses. I wouldn't worry about it, probably needs a little tolerance to stop it being too tight etc,

Just enjoy a great bit of kit...

Andy
SGIBBONS 11 56 1 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2011 2:21PM
Just to follow up, I received a reply back from Canon....they said that there should be no play in the front focusing ring what so ever. Ive now returned the Lens to Calumet and advised them thay might have a faulty batch.

Thanks big fella for your reply.

Sam

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.