GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Canon 350D and RAW image problem

wotashot 15 2.2k
30 Jul 2005 11:38AM
eye, that or he's been shooting Jpeg without realising?!?!

Jamie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 Plus
16 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2005 11:54AM
Its because the 350D has a different file format from the 300D. (.cr2 vs .crw). This has caused problems with a lot of programs (PSE, PSP, CS etc) so various undates have been launched (PSP/9 still can't see .cr2)

Brian
Westers 14 3.9k 1 Burkina Faso
1 Aug 2005 4:45AM
Why can't canon keep the same RAW file format? I know they want to update the quality of the image but why change the file format :-(
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2005 4:48AM
Because it has a different sensor and processor. In time with maturity this should settle down
PatrickSmith 14 1.2k 2 United States
1 Aug 2005 1:31PM
Had the same problem happen to me. I am a computer programmer and I tried everything I could, but in the end I had to dump everything on the card, as nothing..no utility, no technique could get windows or any software to recognize the raw files. I could see them fine in the camera. This happened after I took a bunch of shots, deleted a few shots in windows, then took a few more shots on the same card. The canon website makes a vague reference to losing images if you do anything to any file on the card with anything but the 350D. In other words, don't touch the card's contents with anything but the camera. Copy the RAW files as soon as you get home. I've had no problems since! Hope this helps.
Patrick

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.