Regatta Summer Same - Save Up To 50%!

Canon 50D + 28-300 L Soft? in need of answers please!

conrad 17 10.9k 116
10 Jan 2009 11:49AM

Quote:maybe i have a bad copy

I thought you'd dropped it. Is it logical, then, to think you just have a "bad copy"? Why not have it checked out first?

Edit: kinfatric has the same lens.
lobsterboy Plus
18 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2009 6:23PM
Mick has sent me the files and to be honest they look OK to me.

I have uploaded the shots as variations on this shot. Variation two has all the Exif information.
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2009 6:29PM
The images as presented look fine to me as well.
msw109 13 10 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2009 7:05PM

Quote:Quote:maybe i have a bad copyI thought you'd dropped it. Is it logical, then, to think you just have a "bad copy"? Why not have it checked out first?

Edit: kinfatric has the same lens.

correct
msw109 13 10 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2009 11:32PM
i will take some more pics and cross ref against D90 pics. i tend not to smarten them up in post process. i ahve lightroom so maybe i should use it more....
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2009 11:34PM
Will that prove anything? It would be interesting to see what you think is better on the D90 as it may give a clue as to what you have to adjust.

But generally speaking they should be very similar. Or is it that you are relying on the Adobe RAW engine with no adjustments. If yes then that may well be your problem, as from my experience Canon's images come ou less saturated and softer in LR at its default settings than they do in Capture 1 or DPP. Run a few images through DPP that came with the camera and compare the same image. Also set your picture style to Landscape first.

You ought to be able to get the RAW engines to the same in the end.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.