Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon Ipf5100 adobe photoshop plugin help

20 Mar 2017 2:10PM
As some of you know I recently purchased a ipf5100 having a few issues with the adobe plugin in regards to A3 sheet paper printing the printer seems to be working fine with 17" roll paper.
Basically its not printing the layout I see on the screen, if I select landscape it doesn't print within the set perimeters (looks like its printing A2 rather than A3) despite the print image on screen showing otherwise.
I've tried printing from windows which is better but not perfect prints most of the image but not all of it I've checked all the on board printer settings which appear to be ok .
Not sure what I'm doing wrong would rather print from the plugin as it has more control over the colour management.
I expect it is something silly I hope i've explained this ok

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 2 1.6k England
20 Mar 2017 4:48PM
What software are you using to print your images? The software should be able to communicate with the printer and you should be using the software to set the exact layout of the print. The printer only prints what the software guides it to print not what you can see on your screen.
20 Mar 2017 5:47PM
When you say software I'm assuming you mean PS canon provide a plugin for PS
justin c 13 4.9k 36 England
20 Mar 2017 6:01PM
Not an answer to your specific question but a suggestion worth bearing in mind, is, download a trial version of Qimage Ultimate. It makes print layout extremely straight forward and you can recall any, and all, print settings, etc,etc in an instant, making for an extremely efficient and repeatable workflow. It supports colour management, soft proofing, etc. etc and the print quality is superb.
Tianshi_angie 2 1.6k England
20 Mar 2017 7:04PM
I don't know exactly what the plug-in which is provided by Canon for Photoshop does but I would hazard a guess that it gives your printer the correct settings for printing a picture from your Canon. i.e. Colour management etc. But I think you will need to use the Photoshop Print set-up to get the correct dimensions and layout for the print to work. If you open your image in PS then go to File>Print and a dialogue box will open which will enable you to set the finer aspects of your print. To do this you need to press 'Print Settings' in that dialogue box. When this open you can set the orientation, the paper type, the paper size, the quality you want from the print, and much more from the tabs at the top of this section of the print dialogue box. I hope this helps.
20 Mar 2017 7:42PM

Quote:I don't know exactly what the plug-in which is provided by Canon for Photoshop does but I would hazard a guess that it gives your printer the correct settings for printing a picture from your Canon. i.e. Colour management etc. But I think you will need to use the Photoshop Print set-up to get the correct dimensions and layout for the print to work. If you open your image in PS then go to File>Print and a dialogue box will open which will enable you to set the finer aspects of your print. To do this you need to press 'Print Settings' in that dialogue box. When this open you can set the orientation, the paper type, the paper size, the quality you want from the print, and much more from the tabs at the top of this section of the print dialogue box. I hope this helps.

Ive tried that method as well it hasn't worked cant seem to centre the work up I might have to take some screen shots its frustrating more than anything
20 Mar 2017 9:39PM
Think it might be down to myself not installing the software correctly so I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything as well updating the firmware (version 131 to 141) fingers crossed this works Tongue
Philh04 Plus
12 1.2k United Kingdom
21 Mar 2017 9:51AM
The print dialogue in Photoshop should allow you to do what you want, you can centre the image or place it anywhere you like as long as you have the correct printer drivers installed you should have no problem, I use Canon printers and have never installed the plug-in.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.