Get Up To 30% Off Regatta Waterproof Jackets

Canon Pixma Pro 1.

JohnJS 15 14
9 May 2015 2:37PM
I have recently bought a Canon pixma pro 1 printer, and would appreciate some advice, a couple of the inks are running low, and are getting a warning message showing that they will need replacing. Can I carry on using the printer to print images until the ink runs out, or do I need to replace the cartridges now. Having only had Epson Printers before, this new printer is a new learning curve but the prints I have done so far, I am very pleased with them they are very good, I have been getting better prints using the Canon print software over Lightroom at the moment.

Johnjs.
User_Removed 6 1.0k United Kingdom
9 May 2015 3:02PM
???

When they run out the printer will stop
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
9 May 2015 3:03PM
Hi John,

I have the pima pro-10. I carry on printing after the warning - the printer simply stops printing when the inks run out. That said - I have noticed on occasion I may get a print where the colours are obviously out of sync.

Hope this helps,

A.
mikesavage 19 299 2 England
9 May 2015 3:58PM
Always carry on printing until the ink runs out - you can get a surprising number of extra prints (especially 6"4" for obvious reasons) before the printer forces you to replace the cartridge.
JohnJS 15 14
10 May 2015 12:10PM
Thank you all for the information I now what to do know. I have had Epson printers before 3800 &3880 and have also used the printer until the cartridge ran out but was not shure if I could use the same procedure with the canon.
My last printer was the 3880 and was just over 2 years old and would not print correctly anymore. Epson wanted 540-00 to come and have a look at it, and may have to make a 2nd visit, if they could not fix it on the first visit.
This came as rather a shock so decided that money would be better put towards a new printer, I am very pleased with the canon so far.
Thanking you all.
johnjs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.