Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Canon Pixma Pro 100

seahawk Plus
9 898 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 11:56AM
Hi all
This is a new printer on the market; I'm looking to replace my old Pro9000 Mk , mainly for better B & W prints. The Pro 100 has excellent reviews, has anyone bought one and could give an opinion of its results.

TIA

Martin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

seahawk Plus
9 898 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 12:45PM
Well, nobody offered an opinion and so I took the plunge and bought a Pixma Pro 100. Arrived yesterday and I have done some test prints. Even without a new ICC profile yet for my preferred paper (Pinnacle Lustre) the black & white prints are a vast improvement with 3 black/grey inks. Colour prints very good but I think a new profile will make them even better.

Am I the first member to buy one of these? If so, I'll keep you posted on results from time to time.
Chant57 Plus
10 395 3 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 3:03PM
Interested to hear your findings. I'm currently using the Pixma Pro 9500 mk II and I'm more than happy with iit, but its always good to see a ' hands on' review from a fellow member for future reference
seahawk Plus
9 898 United Kingdom
9 Feb 2013 11:36AM
Quick update - the b & w prints I have made so far are stunning compared to the old Pro9000. I use Pinnacle Lustre 300gsm paper and am printing using the Adobe ICC profile as a temporary measure until I get new profiles from Pinnacle.
I find this paper as good as anything else out there (and I've tried a few) and cheaper. I do find that after printing it's best to leave the print for a few hours to allow the ink to stabilise, the blacks seem to become 'richer'.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.