Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Canon PowerShot G6

lloydy 16 18 Wales
13 Nov 2004 10:03AM
My wife currently uses a Canon PowerShot S1 IS and is not happy with its low light performance and the annoying lens cap.
Doing a bit of research she quite fancies the G6 - anybody have any advice on the possible change?

Cheers
Pete
tim franklin 17 2.7k
13 Nov 2004 12:00PM
Hi Pete,
I see you've already posted this on another forum, and can only echo what Chris (SIUYA) said over there. All digicams suffer from noise at higher ISO settings - just part of the territory. The current batch of 8 megapixel cameras may have the problem to a greater extent than some others due to packing so many pixels into such a small space, but ALL digicams are affected.

It was also suggested at the other place that you could pass the 300D mentioned there on to your wife, which would be a better idea.
lloydy 16 18 Wales
13 Nov 2004 12:30PM
Cheers Tim, it seems most of us check all the forums!
I could pass the 300D onto my wife and ask her to pay half towards the 20D- worth a try!
Pete
jonjeds 17 509
16 Nov 2004 3:32AM
I would check it out thoroughly if I were you. I read the G6 is very noisy - even at 100 ISO.

Take a card into a shop and shoot a range of pics and then take them home and try some test prints.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.