Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

Canon s800 or s900?

17 Feb 2002 9:24AM
I have just started to get into Digital Photography and have just purchased the Fuji 6900 digital camera.

I am looking for a true photo quality printer (I already have the Lexmark Z53 (Good but not good enough) I was looking at the Canon S800 then the S900 is coming. Are there any reviews out there yet? has anyone got the printer good or bad??.

I have only heard of a handful of BAD reports about ths S800 and am not sure if the printer could be returned if I am not 100% happy with it.
I have XP and I would have to download drivers for the 800 - the 900 already has them. BUT it is the Photo quality prints that are a must.

All advice would be welcome
Sandra
Will 19 1.8k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2002 6:08PM
Hi Sandra,

I think the S800 has now been discontinued, and it was only a few pounds cheaper than the S900 anyway. The S900 is a very good printer, but a little on the pricey side at around 320 from online retailers.

We've recently had one in to test, and the review will be going on the site early this week. If your budget is sufficient I'd not hesitate to recommend it to you.

Will
heidi 19 69
23 Feb 2002 1:42PM
I wish i had not read this! After being told the S800 was the best printer in its class, by all the magazines and online reviews I went and bought one. At 320 it is not a cheap printer. Now I find the print quality is poor on certain papers, including Ilford, and the Ink tanks are expensive and are hard to come by.I am still waiting for ablack ink tank I ordered two weeks ago...and from more than one company. I am probably just one more mug who wish they had bought an Epson!!! The 1250photo is an A3 printer with ink tanks that reasonably priced and easy to buy. At only a few pounds more than the S800 i wish I had...
STUARTHILL758 19 39 1 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2003 8:08PM
dear sandra i am using the s9000 it is superb the color prints on ILFORD GALERIE paper are excellent as are the black and white prints the new fujifilm multijet is very good striaght scan and print requier no tweaking at all but if you add 3points in hue and saturation you realy lift sunset shots

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.