Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Canon vs Nikon, and now Sony

StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
18 Jan 2018 7:56AM

This video was posted about 7 hours before I posted it here. I find it interesting, even though I will never be a pro.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
18 Jan 2018 8:37AM
Just wondering.

Do Tony & Chelsea actually take photographs as part of their business as it appears they spend all their time doing You Tube videos ?
18 Jan 2018 6:24PM
That seems to be the way many photographers make a living these days. Do people buy photos anymore? They apparently do weddings, and special events, and they do wildlife, but it seems they support themselves with their business on youtube and their various books, of which I've purchased 3 since I started watching them. The Pros seem to need to do seminars and videos to suppliment their income these days, a sign of the times.
21 Jan 2018 2:40AM
This guy once claimed that his 2 cannon cameras stopped working in the rain whilst has panasonic g something continued working. Aye
Once when reviewing Cannon full frame cameras , he stated he left them in the hotel safe prefering to use his fuji.. Aye
Always make a comparision with the cannon full frame with large zoom and A
Sony mirrorless and a prime
Never a cannon full frame with prime and a Sony with a large zoom. Aye
Biased. Aye

A balanced ,unbiased review. .No

Regards

21 Jan 2018 3:31AM
Go to the comments section on the video and tell him what you think, he always answers.

Have you ever known a photographer who is not in love with his/her camera kit?

Also, both Tony and his wife have said in at least one youtube video that they want an A9.

Imo, none of this takes away from the points of the video. What's your interest in Sony?
21 Jan 2018 3:41AM

Quote:
Also, both Tony and his wife have said in at least one youtube video that they want an A9.

So I agree, bias.

You should post your own ideas sometime.
21 Jan 2018 12:05PM
At Straycatplus

The video is on this forum so I posted on this forum,but I may post on Tony you tube channel.
I understand a journalist has to make some controversial comments , to stimulate discussion , arguments,debate but this Cannon bashing is becoming obvious.
I dont have any intrest in Sony ,

I tend to keep my ideas to myself but even Tony knows( as do I) that Pentax is the most under rated system out there. Aye.

Regards
21 Jan 2018 7:49PM
You don't make any sense at all; first Sony, now Canon bashing, and Pentax is best. Pentax is not even mentioned. Your posts are gibberish.
21 Jan 2018 10:19PM
Did I bash Cannon , Really
Pentax is underrated. . My opinion .
Sony A7Riii. Has a few inadequancies , but no doubt they will be addressd ,
When the A7Riv. Comes out later this yeat, to much applause fron Sony fanboys.

Regards
CBumpkin 13 32 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2018 10:47PM
Hum. Take a full-frame—Canon D5 xx for argument's sake—an M4/3 Olympus, and a 1" sensor compact from whomever. Enlarge to 16' x 12' and place on a wall. Then invite your friends to spot the difference and correctly call the originating camera. It will be difficult! Each is capable: the limiting factors are the lenses, RAW processing and the end-use. Interesting that, having reviewed my output from 2017, most pictures in the final selection—Olympus OMD M1, TZ100 Panasonic, Sony AR7 II—were taken by the go-anywhere compact!
21 Jan 2018 11:28PM
Go-anywhere?

Define go-anywhere?

Here in Glasgow Scotland. We are experiencing tempretues in the minus, snow blizzard , rain.

I could take the Cannon out for the day in those conditions and not worry about changing the battery.

There is little chance of producing a 16*12 inch print if the camera fails.

Regards
21 Jan 2018 11:47PM
Update

I could take the Cannon out in wintry conditions and shoot all day knowing the camera can cope with the weather , without needing to change the battery.

Regards
21 Jan 2018 11:51PM
It's the camera that sits in the same bag as the Sony. It's the camera that goes in the car. Not weatherproof maybe, but the same battery as the Panasonic GX7 and it works in the wind and cold on the top of the Southwestern moors. It does the job, that's all!
22 Jan 2018 12:03AM

Quote:It's the camera that sits in the same bag as the Sony. It's the camera that goes in the car. Not weatherproof maybe, but the same battery as the Panasonic GX7 and it works in the wind and cold on the top of the Southwestern moors. It does the job, that's all!

The comments here have nothing to do with the ideas put forth in the video, and the video does not promote or put down either. If you watch the video, it takes the three brands and compares good and bad points, in their opinion. MFT is not included because it doesn't meet what he says the requirements are for full pro kit. He praises both Sony and MFT in other videos; this video is about what he considers the minimum for full-time photography in several genres, including wildlife, for which Sony is barely adequate with a 400mm lens. Nowhere does he bash any brand, he points out good and bad in all of them. It's difficult to do a video like this and get any truly honest feedback, because people are so protective of their brand. For example, this month I'm Canon; next month, who knows, I certainly don't. As I said, comment on the video, not your love affair with your kit.
22 Jan 2018 12:22AM
True; but alas my point is about output. Unless you are a pro photographer, in which case issues such as servicing and support really matter, as an amateur you want to look good on the wall and most cameras will do that. Given, of course, careful technique. All cameras are and always have been a compromise. If you are an architectural photographer, why consider a system that does not give you scheimpflug focus?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.