Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Canons next announcement

DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
14 Jun 2007 2:55PM
On average how often do Canon make a new camera, the 350D is very impressive having seen my friends, then within months of bringing that out we seen the birth of the 400D. My friend is tempted to get the 400D, mainly because of the digital cleaning sensor. As we know you can not keep up with technology, but one with a cleaning process for the digital sensor is tempting, and would seem worth it, yet in 3 months there could be a 550D with multiple exposures available? What should we both do next?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad 15 10.9k 116
14 Jun 2007 2:59PM
There hardly seems to be a point in waiting. If you wait for the next development, there will be something else to wait for, etc., etc.

I know someone who did just that with computers and went without a pc for many years, always waiting for another new development, always afraid of buying too soon.

When in the end he took the plunge, he was happy he finally did, and he realised he'd been missing out for too long.
da_nige 16 1.2k United Kingdom
14 Jun 2007 3:40PM
Roughly its ever 18 months but the sensor cleanin thing aint that big a deal. All you need is a rocket blower and some swabs, total price £25. Thats what I've always used and aint had a problem yet
Mark_Readman 14 922
14 Jun 2007 9:03PM
The 40d is rumoured to be on it's way in August, 10.1 mp at 6 frames a second.
irish 15 227 Ireland
18 Jun 2007 9:05PM
Canon EOS 40D will be unveiled on September 26th - at least if you trust the word on the street. Even though the Canon EOS 30D havenít been around for too long its quite a logical step to launch a 10.1 megapixel camera in the semipro segment (hey, the amateur segment even has one, 400D). Hereís what we know:

http://gadgets.fosfor.se/canon-eos-40d/

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.