Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Canvas Prints.......who/where ?

VinceJones 16 862 United Kingdom
30 May 2006 1:04PM
I would definitely recommend John Mactavish (above). I have just had some large canvas prints done & they are just awesome. Great price & an excellent personal service to go with orders placed.

Highly recommended!!!!
Clarence 16 136 United Kingdom
31 May 2006 1:18AM
I did some research and ended up using Intercanvas who were great. Dealt with a lovely lady called Wendy and prices seemed very competitive. Had the panoramic image in my portfolio done as 60" x 13" on heavy canvas with double thickness frame, came to 170. Couldn't find anyone else in that price range for that quality.
turkishbob 15 1
8 Jun 2006 2:18AM
I know a few people who've used (link removed ) canvas prints with good results.

Just checked their site and they print up to 45x30 inches.

Good luck!
stevekhart 15 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2006 5:11AM
Edited by TJ - please do not use our forums to advertise. You can email me if you wish to do so. Thanks.
dunjava 18 67 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2006 8:51AM
I use my canvasprints on several occasions and am very happy about the result.

Dunja Bond
8 Jun 2006 10:44AM
Edited by TJ. Please don't use our forums to advertise. Contact me if you wish to advertise. Thanks.
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
8 Jun 2006 11:18AM
It looks like the world and his mother do canvas prints...they'll rue the day they made wide format cheap I tell you.
Wink
AnneH 15 14
8 Jun 2006 7:49PM
The issue is one of choice. To dye sub or to inkjet? With regards to canvas printing certainly the methods are very distinct and you will find 2 camps each swearing the virtues of their printing methods. The dye-sub brigade claim total durability with prints that can be washed and ironed, whilst the inkjetters feel they are the true, museum quality giclee printers.

The truth is that both have virtues and vices. I have seen some poor quality inkjet prints that make me cringe and some poor quality dye-sub prints that make my eyes water. Like any other services provided, (lawyers, doctors, plumbers etc...) you get varying degrees of quality. Some people accept this and other don't. The good ones will always prevail because nothing quite beats a word of mouth recommendation.

So what of the poor customer? With the amount of choice available, I'm afraid it boils down to a little research. Most companies will be happy to provide samples along with information about their process and the durability of the print. Send them an image and ask the questions. We can all make claims about the quality of our prints and the less scrupulous and more insecure amongst us might try to denigrate the printing process of our competitor in order to make ourselves look better. You are the customer and the choice is yours. Ask for samples and then decide.

Anne Herbert
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
9 Jun 2006 12:14AM
To dye sub or to inkjet?

Or to suffer the slings and arrows of fate?

Good morning all! Smile
13 Jun 2006 7:11PM
TJ, I sincerely apologize. thank you for the edit. and once again..absolutely sorry for that on my part.I thought it was o.k. to do as up above someone else had posted similar prior to me.. my ignorance and my apologies.~Tina
13 Jun 2006 11:04PM
You ought to try a company local to me. A company called Menor (Sawbridgeworth 01279 726214). Good quality canvas prints at competitive prices. In addition, they can produce canvas stretchers in custom sizes too.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.