Canvas Prints. Recommendations?

jembo 15 139 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2015 8:47PM
Hi all.
I'm looking to get some large canvas prints done (24X36, or maybe slightly larger) and have been looking one the web.
There are quite a few people that do them, but not many offer large prints.
Does anyone have any recommendations - price/quality god/bad or indifferent?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
29 Jun 2015 8:53PM
I've just printed an A3 canvas which I am very pleased with. The Canvas is Perma-jet a pack of 12 - 3 different varieties - and they work out at around 2.50 a sheet. Canon Pro9000 printer.
29 Jun 2015 9:10PM
Depends on how much you want to pay! I've found mypicture.co.uk to be reasonable quality, certainly for my own wall display purposes at home and good range of sizes to choose from. They are also very well priced.
AlanJ Plus
6 1.0k England
29 Jun 2015 10:52PM
DC Colour Print - excellent
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2015 11:43AM
Perhaps a little off topic - but have you considered alternatives to canvas? In the past I have always gone for canvas, but last year I was lucky enough to win a large acrylic print - its a medium I would now probably choose in preference to canvas: the resolution of the final print is higher as there is no texture to the medium, and the print itself is much more durable in terms of knocks and marks.
capto Plus
7 5.9k 13 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2015 2:02PM
I have used Snapmad and Picanova and was pleased with both. They both run frequent 'special' offers.
gaelldew 12 376 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2015 6:04PM
DC Colour Print, another very satisfied customer great service.
jembo 15 139 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2015 7:38PM
Thanks all

Sherlob - I had looked at acrylic originally and this was my preferred option, but some of the prices (forthe size I am after) put me off. I was also unsure about how they mounted to the wall.

Saxon Image - I looked at mypicture.co.uk but thet aren't offering the size I am after. However, I may have a rethink.

Thanks Capto, gaelldew, Alanj - I hadn't come acoss these before. Will check them out.
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 598 England
30 Jun 2015 8:11PM
You didn't say whether you were after a flat print to mount in a frame or the wraparound type.

I've only used Snapmad, for the wraparound type. Decent quality and not overly expensive.
cheddar-caveman 16 1.1k England
5 Jul 2015 8:00AM
Have used Photo Box for years and found them excellent! Good quality at competitive prices and delivery. All done "on line" and easy to use!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.