Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Caption Competition Winners

naturenut 18 1.8k England
1 Apr 2004 10:11PM
There has been plenty of brilliant April Foolery on ephoto today, and there is Fun Friday to come and the caption comp ... ;o) link above ..
Phoenix 20 1.9k England
3 Apr 2004 7:26AM
Suzie . . . . . just saw this thread as I missed it last weekend when I was out doing something really radical (i.e. Taking Photos).

since I'm not allowed anything sugary for health reasons, do you just want to send them off to ePzHQ, as a token of our appreciaton, for Pete & Will to enjoy (if TJ doesn't scoff them all first)
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
3 Apr 2004 7:37AM
Phoenix - just logged on to see if you were about as am just about to whizz the badger to Meggsy! and wondered if you'd seen the thread yet. I shall do that with pleasure. What a very kind gesture Phoenix .. a big thumbs-up to you from me.

(Every office needs macaroons - although these won't be the Scottish variety .. Wink )

8-D
tj Plus
18 2.2k England
5 Apr 2004 9:31AM
Very generous Phoenix, thanks! Dare I say, I've never tried Macaroons, so that'll be a treat! Grin

Now, regarding the caption comps, what does everybody think about replacing "Fun Friday" with them each week?

One of our members, Alan Farmer of The Print Shop has kindly offered to sponsor the competition every week, and offer a 5 Marks and Spencer voucher for the winner (or alternative voucher for our international members - so yes, EVERYBODY can enter!)

Also, any other bits and bobs that we receive from sponsors can be added to the pot, as and when we get them.

Now, due to Easter bank holiday, I suggest we continue with Meggsy's picture this week, and ask Paul (Park My Ferret) to judge it this Friday. Then, as normal, the winner of that posts a picture to be judged on Friday 16th April - this time, the winner receives the voucher as a prize.

I think the most impartial and fair way of choosing a winner from Friday 16th is for Alan and his company to decide.

Hope this all makes sense?!?!?!

So, to recap, the current caption competition will remain running (Meggsy's pic) and judged by Paul (Park My Ferret) on Friday 9th April. The winner, as normal, posts a picture for the following week. This will be judged by Alan on 16th April, and each week thereafter, with the winner receiving a prize.

I shall start a new thread about this to try attract people's attention, but feel free to post here and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Tracey Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.