Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Capture One 4 - activation woes

Dugi34 14 917 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2008 8:28PM
Hello , do any sages out there know of a fix for C1v4 activation ?
I have a sandisk copy , downloaded v4, had the free trial, duly expired, and now I can not activate v4. I have been in touch with Phase one. They have been walking me through various possible reasons, but even they are stumped. I am now at the point where I have to re-install windows ( even this may not work ). The problem is that it was pre-installed and I do not have a copy.
jken 15 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2008 8:40PM
Hi Dugi are you Mac or PC based?

I'm Mac based and had a similar problem, based on the fact that the V4 was still reading the trials preference files.

jk
17 Apr 2008 8:51PM
Hi JK,
I am pc based, xp sp2 installed, upgraded wbem file. If v4 is reading C1 3.7 le, do I need to remove this before activating V4 ?
On my C1 account it says de-activating the product code would affect all versions.
jken 15 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2008 8:56PM
Hi Dugi, i 'm Mac based and had to have the 3.7 open to run the first version 4. Have you checked to see if there's an update available as i don't need to run both, now having downloaded.

jk
stuwhitt Plus
17 1.4k United Kingdom
17 Apr 2008 9:54PM

Quote:C1 3.7 le, do I need to remove this before activating V4 ?

No C1 V3.xx and C1 V4 will happily run on the same PC.

Assuming your copy of 3.7 is licensed using the Sandisk code then you will be entitled to a free update to V4.

Some points to check, C1 V4 needs access to the internet in order for it be activated, it won't work if you have a firewall rule set to block C1 or a little app known as imagecoreprocess.exe, likewise if the PC you are trying to activate it on has no internet access then it wont work, (believe me there are many pro's whose imaging workstations are not connected to the internet, and it has caused uproar on the C1 forums), secondly is your copy of Microsoft .net upto date, it should be V3.??

HTH Stu Smile
18 Apr 2008 8:07PM
hi folks,
jk I have the latest version of c1 v4 .I think it may be something in the os stopping my activation, what exactly is the question.
Stu, i am connected to net, constantly. I have checked the firewall setting and there are no deliberate blocks concerning c1. I have microsoft .net v3. That little known application is unknown to me, what is it and where is it, and how do I check it ?
Awaiting further instructions..........
Doug
stuwhitt Plus
17 1.4k United Kingdom
18 Apr 2008 11:56PM
imagecoreprocess.exe is part of C1 and C1 won't work if it is prevented from accessing the internet, what I would suggest is temporaly disabling your firewall before trying to activate C1, if it still doesn't work then you have eliminated your firewall as a possible cause, if it does work then you will need to figure out how to configure your firewall so C1 works.

HTH Stu Smile
20 Apr 2008 12:41PM
Hello again, still no joy, disabled firewall and anti virus applications . Time to give up and try a different software package.
thanks for your input with this annoying problem .
Doug

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.