Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Carrying Two Cameras

wawatson 18 77
31 Dec 2011 12:06AM
I second the use of carabiners to keep a shoulder strap from slipping off. Simply clip it around the strap of the rucksack, clip the carrying strap of the racksack into it (to keep the carabiner high on the strap), and finally clip the camera (or camera bag) strap in as well.

Works well for me. Even if the camerabag swings out, it doesn't drop off your shoulder (or drop off down the hill). Mind you, I prefer to clip on a holster bag rather than just the camera (small matter of extra protection).
Photo4x4 17 470 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 3:42PM
Hello

I have been looking for some alternative to hanging two DSLRs with battery grips and big lenses and sometimes a flash as well around my neck. When I'm working events I have to be pretty mobile and then in the evenings my assistant and I are often standing around at banquets and various entertainments for several hours and even he (who is just over half my age) gets a really sore back!

My physiotherapist (sometimes I think that in this business it's a psychotherapist I need) told me that the worst thing for lower back pain (I have a slipped disc btw) is hanging heavy weights around your neck!

So I've purchased a SpiderPro two camera holster from WEX and it arrived today. It certainly is a great bit of engineering and looks very sturdy indeed, the 'spider' attachment plates are an engineering joy to behold. The two holster version comes with one holster as a part of the belt and a second holster that you have to fit yourself.

The instructions for this are not too clear so I've been trying to contact someone who already own one of these two camera set ups. So if you do and would not mind answering a couple of my question can you please email me or send me a pm.

Thanks.

Keith Hart
rob_marshall 10 96 1 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 5:26PM

Quote:Any ideas on the best way to carry two fairly hefty cameras with even heftier lenses attached without getting a pain in the neck?

You obviously have Hopper's problem.Grin NY Daily News

I have a Tamrac neoprene camera strap which eases the tension, but then so does Anadin or Paracetamol. straps list
Ade_Osman 18 4.5k 36 England
11 Jan 2012 5:29PM
Detailed instructions on their website HERE

Ade
11 Jan 2012 5:57PM
Hello Ade

Yes that looks simple, but the instruction you have pointed out are to fit the spider to the holster that is already on the single belt. I think that this is usualy done at the factory as mine was, however the actual instructions for the second holster are here. As you will see these instructions are far more complicated for this fitting and as far as I can see once the holster is fitted you can't adjust the belt again.

If this is correct then it seems like a bit of a design flaw. Am I expected to get several belts, one for each clothing set up?

Keith Hart
Ade_Osman 18 4.5k 36 England
11 Jan 2012 7:28PM
The link you've put up Keith doesn't seem to work?.....But I'm not quite sure to be honest as I only have the single belt option, most of the time when I'm using two cameras I have one of them in hand. There are contact links on their web page, you could try getting in touch with them if you're stuck.....Sorry I can't really be of any more help.....

Ade
12 Jan 2012 9:17AM
I emailed Spider about the problem and here is their reply:

Hello Keith,

Thanks for purchasing a SpiderPro system! I believe you will be very
satisfied by carrying you cameras around your waist, rather than you neck.

The second holster's position is adjustable, since it is positioned with
velcro. Unfortunately, it is not as quick as we'd prefer. The
difficulty that is you must separate the velcro and slide one part past
the other without it reattaching. The single belt is very easily
adjustable, but once the second one attaches, it becomes more difficult.

Once you get your system, please let me know if you have questions or
suggestions about the adjustment.

Best regards,

Joe Crum

A quick reply but not really any help.

Keith Hart
NH_Snap 11 24 Scotland
24 Jan 2012 9:56PM
Hey all just came across this ongoing discussion. I am looking as well at a comfortable way of carrying 2 Cameras without killing the neck and as a ready to use solution (not in the Rucksack).... I found this
[link=Dual Camera Harness]http://www.cottoncarrier.com/black-camera-system-all-camera-types-plus-hand-strap-universal-adapter-plate/ [/link] -
I like the idea and it is supposed to eliminate any camera movement. My feel is just the Geek looks of it (and a bit pricey) is off putting, but thinking of the discomfort of any strap I tried so far I might have to bite the bullet look silly and fleece my account....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.