Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Cataloguing Slides

steebi 19 68 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2001 1:00PM
I am at the point now where I need to get all my work in order but am at a loss as to how to proceed. I have not yet bought a slide labeling programme but have been told that 'Fotostation' which I am trying out at the moment can do that. If you know of a better programme pleas tell me about it. The main problem I have is the concept of a system of retrieval from the actual containers that I put the slides in, ie. do I leave a space in a box of a certain subject for future additions, or? If you can refer me to a website or a book or better still just explain a system it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve.
9 Sep 2001 7:33PM
I use FotoStation as a database for my slides - great program. My slides are kept in pages of 24 held in a filing cabinet. A separate page for each subject. I photograph mainly counties so mine are labelled Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire etc. Slide 1 on Oxfordshire page 1 is OX0101, slide 3 on page 4 is is OX0403 etc. It is fairly easy to set this up in Fotostation and you can print slide labels on Avery 35mm slide labels using the program with a bit of experimentation.

Hope this helps
David
David. Can you advise where to get 'Fotostaion ' programme from and cost please. Many thanks.
Stephen 19 33
15 Mar 2002 7:20PM
http://www.fotostation.com/main_ie.asp

I use Fotostation and am well pleased with it. There is a free trial on the website you can download. Frankly though it is worth the money.

Stephen
Stephen@Anstey.com

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.