CEWE problems?

altitude50 15 15.7k United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 11:46AM
A few months ago I tried to get about 6 prints done by CEWE (Who I have used for several years with no problem) all 10" x 8" by internet. After many attempts the software would only accept an order of 5x7 & 4x6 prints which are obviously no good to me. I tried to contact CEWE with no answer. So I bought the prints from Loxley and very good they were, but a little expensive for the use that I was going to put them.
This morning I tried to order 8 more 8" x 10" prints from CEWE and have the same problem, I cannot get into the 10x8 section nor the 12 x 8. I tried contacting the on line chat for a reason but there was no reply after several tries.
So again I ordered the prints elsewhere!
I wondered if CEWE are on holiday or if they have run out of paper!Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
14 Aug 2019 12:56PM
Check out DS Colour Labs

Not used them for a few years but they provided excellent prints at a good price and prompt delivery Smile
franken Plus
16 4.9k 4 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 1:15PM
I agree with the above re DS colour labs.

Ken.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
14 Aug 2019 1:41PM
Yep, me to. DSCL.
Tianshi_angie 4 2.5k England
14 Aug 2019 1:52PM
From sheer curiosity I have just googled CEWE and although I haven't ordered any prints it would appear that the prints in the sizes you require are available. Have they perhaps changed their website and there is a different appearance? I got a pop-up to say 'download software' so apparently it is functioning OK.
14 Aug 2019 3:28PM
I had seen that there is a small floating pop-up which says 'download software' but thought it referred to something else (books perhaps?) as it was still possible to insert 7x5 & 6x4 images.
Up to a few months ago there was no need to download their software. All that happened was that you were just invited to browse your computer and then add images one by one.
I had seen no information at all that CEWE had changed their system. And they had not replied to my emails or chatline.
This new move has made it more difficult for me. So.

I don't think I'll bother again.Grin
Jestertheclown 10 8.0k 252 England
14 Aug 2019 4:34PM
Another vote fro DS Colour Labs.
16 Aug 2019 11:12AM
I have just received my prints from Jessops.
Equal in quality to CEWE.
Much faster delivery.
Much less wasteful packaging.
Approx. same cost.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.