Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Changing to Mac

Chris_L 5 5.0k United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 6:30PM
My editing machine has 32gb RAM and i7 Quad Core processor, Lightroom and Photoshop fly along. I wouldn't want to use them on a dual core machine that only had 8gb RAM, a lot of the people who are saying they are using Lightroom on a Mac aren't using it on the Air, which is a slow machine.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell 8 1.1k 5 England
10 Aug 2014 9:05PM
I went to iMac and was so impressed got a macbook as well........that was after making computers and being a pc computer nurd for 20 years! I use photoshop as I managed to get it on a deal but have downloaded aperture aswell. I must say, I prefer photoshop but it's probably what I'm used to.....

Andy

I'm on a macbook pro though i7 2.6 with 16 gig of ram and my iMac is an i7 3.4 also with 16 gig of ram.
redsnappa 16 2.0k United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 10:21PM

Quote:64GB card takes overnight to upload to the windows machine - on the mc it takes less than a minute

A minute to load 64GB, wow, I think you need to check if there is a problem with your mac, maybe another program running at the same time using excess memory or CPU because my PC will copy files from a 64GB memory card in 13.4 seconds.
Jestertheclown 10 7.9k 252 England
10 Aug 2014 11:12PM

Quote:Adobe's Photoshop is now subscription only ( you cannot buy it outright )

I think that you can still buy it . . .

It's just that Adobe don't make it to obvious as they'd rather you were tied into the rented version.
Kurt42 16 2.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 11:24PM
Apple will be bringing out a new photo management program with the upgraded system.
22 Aug 2014 10:46AM
After using PCs for 20 years, last year I needed a new laptop disappointed with what I could find out there I purchased a MacBook Pro and loved it. so a few weeks ago my main editing PC gave up, I made the decision to move to a Mac and ordered a custom built iMac from Apple it is excellent.

I use Photoshop CC and Capture One 7 Pro on both machines.
CathyT 13 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2014 4:21PM
Have I stumbled into Nerdsville??...Wink

Once you've had a Mac you never go back......
Chris_L 5 5.0k United Kingdom
22 Aug 2014 5:02PM
Some Mac owners never tire of saying that Apple have the best hardware in the world, the best designs of all, the best operating system ever, best marketing department and fantastic shops with the best staff.

Who should they sack seeing as they still aren't the market leaders?

I and plenty of my PC-owning friends can afford them. We can see through the hype though Smile
CathyT 13 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2014 5:13PM
Its the Operating System that does it for me...its very easy. Works for business and pleasure.....although Maverick was like a broken shoe.
LenShepherd 11 3.9k United Kingdom
24 Aug 2014 9:15PM
As the OP does not have Lightroom or PhotoShop both are about 9 a month on subscription so 108 a year.
With iTunes updates there is sometimes an 8 a month offer.
You get updates free so 108 (or maybe less) a year I think is a reasonable deal for Lightroom + full PhotoShop.
The software is on your hide drive - you do not need internet connection to use it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.