Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Cheap 30D

phil_24 15 532 2 England
10 Apr 2007 10:07PM

Quote:Although still available new it's been replaced in reality by the 400D. Therefore it should be available cheaply, I wouldn't pay over 300 for the body.(You might find a silver one even cheaper). With the cash saved by not buying a 30D you could also get a battery grip (70 from Park Cameras)and a decent lens. (The kit lens is ok for practice but doesn't really do the camera justice).

presuming your refering to the 350d because of the price....

i can get it from ebay with kit lens and 4gb 150x card from a uk seller of refurbished for 330!!!

good or not i.e. worth the risk if there is one????
twistor 17 80 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2007 1:33PM
Strawman, I have to disagree with you. Canon Outlet is the Canon returns department that refurbish/repackage any returns. I bought a 30d and 17-40L for just under 1000. Great deal, great camera and full 1 year manufacturers warrenty.
17 Apr 2007 1:40PM
Phil_24,

I bought the 350d about 18 months ago and whilst I agree its a great camera, I soon outgrew it. Not really for its capabilities but for its size and infernal OS. Too many sub menus. Infact along with noise reduction the main reason I went for the 30d was the user interface was so much easier and quicker to navigate. I guess the real question here is what are you taking pics of. If you have time to tool around the menus then the 350d will suffice. If you are jobbing with your camera I would upgrade to 20/30d.

Just my feelings...
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2007 1:44PM
Do a forums search. Canon outlet is not a Canon company. It is a company that sells on re-worked cameras. And they have been investigated for poor practice in Ebay bidding. And for second hand/ex-display/re-worked equipment it should be under 1,000. New it should be under 1,100 for that lot.
17 Apr 2007 2:01PM
Strawman, I'm at a loss (and not wanting to disagree) but all my paperwork was Canon headed and all return info was Canon headed as well? Confused? Any who, I'm happy and all seems fine.
17 Apr 2007 2:13PM
The major issue is do they have fake bidding to push the price up. And check out their Ebay web site. you will see they are not Canon.
phil_24 15 532 2 England
17 Apr 2007 10:35PM
im planning to use the canon 350d for general phtogoraphice use takin gpictures similiar to those in my PF.

not planning on nedeing it for speed anytime soon...jsut to stop me from spending so much on film

the menus im sure wont be a problem for me....I cang et quite quik with fiddly thigns once doing them once or twice
Cam_D 16 60 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2007 11:01PM

Quote:And check out their Ebay web site. you will see they are not Canon.

other than in a pedantic way they are actually Canon, they are the only authorised reseller for Canon direct. Any purchase is as if you are dealing direct with Canon, any warranty is with Canon.

Even the Canon Shop on the Canon website- http://store.canon-europe.com/?locale=en_GB
is maintained by Digital River.

Quote:

E-commerce services are provided by Digital River International, S.a.r.l., a Canon Store e-commerce reseller.

I have also purchased from the Ebay shop without problems (other than the fact they used CityLink for their deliveries, but thats another story.)

Dave
17 Apr 2007 11:11PM
Read this one for why I am not impressed by them.

And then this one

It is the bidding practice that is not so good. The products are probably fine, but I often see equipment going for too high a price. For example the two 5D's I watched this week went for only 25 less than I could get one after the cash back and postage has been settled.
SandraKirk 12 1
5 Jun 2008 8:43AM
Hi, in seeing Dhough's post, I can say that I have bought from MyCameras2006 on 2 occasions now. They are in fact a UK company and are very knowledgable, particularly in lenses.

Their prices are pretty competitive and its worth a little extra in my view, not dealing with a HK supplier.

Sandy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.