Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Classic Jets Air Display at Kemble - 15th June

Toymaker 18 587 1
2 Mar 2003 4:00PM
There is a Classic Jets Air Display being held at Kemble on 15th June 2003. Kemble is based in the Cotswolds and is easy to find as theres only one road that goes past it and is positioned on the A429 between Cirencester and J17 of the M4 HERE.

If anyone would like to meet up for a great photo opportunity lets get something organised.

Its still 3 months away and with events possibly heating up abroad, foreign air arms are loath to commit aircraft too early, but the current confirmed participation list is as follows: -

KEY
(F)lying Display
(S)tatic Park

Royal Air Force:-

Red Arrows - BAE Systems Hawk T1A x 9 (F)
Panavia Tornado F3 (F/S)
SEPECAT Jaguar GR3 (F)
BAE Systems Hawk T1A (F/S)
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Douglas Dakota, Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane (F)
BAE Systems VC-10 (S)

Classic Jets and Post War types:-

BAC/English Electric Canberra B2/6 (F)
Folland/Hawker Siddeley Gnat T1 x 2 (F/S)
Hawker Hunter T7A x 2 (F/S)
Hawker Hunter F58A Miss Demeanour (F)
North American F-86A Sabre (F)
Gloster/Armstrong Whitworth Meteor (F)
De Havilland Sea Vixen D3 (F)
De Havilland Vampire x 2 (F)
Hunting/BAC Jet Provost (F)
Bristol Brittania (S)

Further details can be found HERE including prices and opening times etc.

If anyone cares to join me lets see a show of hands and well arrange a great day out with 4 hours of flying including some of Britains finest. Its a pity the Vulcan and Lightning wont be flying but Im getting stronger every day.
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2003 5:45PM
If I come, do you think I'll need my anorak?
(Sorry Barry, only kidding. Sounds like a good day.)
alben 19 142 England
2 Mar 2003 6:13PM
Good idea Barry,i will check my days off and get back to you,as i would love to do this.Alan
Toymaker 18 587 1
2 Mar 2003 6:35PM
That depends whether it's going to rain Laurel. Wouldn't want to get your pink shirt all wet.
edz2001 18 513
2 Mar 2003 6:45PM
Hi Barry,

I definitely like the sound of this, it's not too far from me, so I'll try to get along.

I say I can definitely make it just at the moment as it will be getting a little close to our wedding, but I'm sure I can spare a Sunday. Plus I owe you a drink for all those PaintShop filters you sent!

Ed.
BOB S 18 2.6k
2 Mar 2003 7:05PM
Sounds like a good day out however it clashes with Le Mans so I cant make it - shame really.

BOB
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2003 8:19PM
Sorry Baza, I'm washing my hair that day.......shame!
Big Bri 19 16.7k United Kingdom
3 Mar 2003 10:11AM
Count me in !!
Toymaker 18 587 1
3 Mar 2003 10:23AM
Thanks Brian. That makes 2 positives, 1 probable and 1 checking out how many 'sickies' he taken this year Smile

I'll keep you all up to date with aircraft participation as we get closer to take off time.

Let's hope it's one of the 7 warm, barmy summer days we're expecting this year.
3 Mar 2003 10:30AM
I see helicopter flights will be operating - sounds like an excellent photo opportunity.
Toymaker 18 587 1
3 Mar 2003 10:34AM
How much are they Brian?
3 Mar 2003 10:41AM
Didn't say, but last time I went in one it was about 15 quid for 10 minutes.
alben 19 142 England
3 Mar 2003 1:33PM
Hi guys count me in had a look at my rota at work last night and with a little bit of tweeking i am off that day,last time i went up in a helicopter it was 18.that was about 5 years ago at the Wiltshire show,it was worth every penny what a veiw.Any suggestion`s on a day out say mid to late April?.Alan
edz2001 18 513
4 Mar 2003 1:47PM
After consulting with the wife, I'm allowed out for the day, on the condition that she can come along as well!

I'll put the date in my diary and you can count me in for sure with the exception of any unforeseen disasters!

Ed.
Toymaker 18 587 1
4 Mar 2003 2:50PM
That's great Ed. As you're bringing your wife with you shall we open it up to partners if people want to?

I mean it's not as though we have to move through the airfield en-masse. The whole point is that some 'virtual' friends can meet up for a good photographic opportunity and have fun. If people want to go around in groups or as a single that's also fine.

Don't forget my drink Ed Smile)))

What do you co-pilots who have answered in the affirmative think or anyone else who'd like to join us?

D'ya reckon we could tempt Paddy and SuziBlue along??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.