Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Clicks ,or lack of them

mathed 15 3 England
12 Jun 2008 10:56PM
I really like this site,nice friendly people,great tips...but the clicking the votes button seems to be (sometimes) how many mates you have on here!..I know an image does not stay on the front page for long,but there is some cracking stuff goes through with very little attention,case in point is daveh64" end of the rainbow"..it really is a stunner,every comment he has on there eulogises about it,but it only has 16 clicks up to now!..mind you i don't know,without spening a couple of hours everyday going through everything,that this can be altered....Matt
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
12 Jun 2008 10:57PM
Well, it's about time somebody brought this up!
stevekhart 15 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 10:59PM
You mean it's that time of day for a new click thread?
irishman 17 1.1k 2 Ireland
12 Jun 2008 11:01PM

Quote:but the clicking the votes button seems to be (sometimes) how many mates you have on here

Matt, the put it simply, it's what you put into this site, you get in return, no matter how good or how bad a photographer you may be.

Another thing Matt, where have you being hiding for the past 2 year when you've only noticed this now? Smile
NickParry 15 1.0k 79 Wales
12 Jun 2008 11:08PM
It has been discussed at length here for many years.

At the end of the day, are you wishing to receive more clicks than constructive comments?

I upload pics for the comments mainly. Often they are very constructive. I am happy when I receive a few clicks, but I am not a glory hunter. If people like my work then they may comment or click or they may not have time. If people don't like my work they don't click, and may comment.

Obviously people have their favourites, but such is life. I vote and comment on shots that impress me, and not who took them.

Nick
12 Jun 2008 11:31PM

Quote:Is this the June ClickClique thread, excellent.

Matt, here's what to do.

1) Find one of the cliques, you can do this by starting with a very below par photograph that appears in the Readers' Choice Gallery then look at the portfolios of the people who said "Nice pic".

2) You'll discover a clique of nice people who all click and comment on each other's photos. Some of them good, some of them not so good. All of them enjoying taking photos as a hobby, all encouraging each other. They're not really doing any harm.

3) Join in. Everyone's a winner!

4) After clicking on the 'right' people, you'll receive clicks in return. Many are e2 members and they can see who clicked on their photos. This feature is invaluable to a clique member in order that they can reciprocate.

5) If you're really desperate, post something in the forum about clicks, thus encouraging people to visit your portfolio and hopefully to click. I've just had a look at yours, but I haven't clicked because I didn't like any of them enough. Click on some of mine and leave some nice comments and I'll have another look at your portfolio with 'new eyes' nudge nudge,

You make me laugh Chris Smile lol

Nick
Simon_P 14 487 4 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 11:32PM
I just donít like having 13, I'm funny like that, any other number is fine by me, comments though Iíll take any that want to come my way.
Clicks are fun comments are interesting and often much more useful.
12 Jun 2008 11:36PM
It just remind me of those awful Best Baby Competitions you get in local papers. The one who usually wins is the chav one who has all the family voting on their mobiles.

Nick
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
12 Jun 2008 11:40PM

Quote:I just donít like having 13,

There was a thread about this before...unfortunately he ended up with lots of 13s Wink
12 Jun 2008 11:41PM
I've got a couple that just need an extra 3 votes for a readers choice. I'll swap for a Noel Edmonds Tank Top and a signed picture ... anyone interested?
chris_taylor Junior Member 16 161 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 11:41PM
Smile Wink
12 Jun 2008 11:52PM

Quote:Quote:I just donít like having 13,Simon, what an unashamed piece of click fishing that is. I'll make it 14, if you click on my bridge shot effort, which has got about 6

That doesnít mean you can all go find all the 12's either Grin

I have no shame Tongue

Off to the bridge, (to jump off it) Wink
13 Jun 2008 12:02AM
Quite like the bridge shot, your home page one is better though IMO, the bridge has 7 but Iím not saying if it was me or someone else, is it me of has this got silly (well sillier) now Grin

Note to self, ďnever ever ever ever mention 13 ever againĒ Tongue
13 Jun 2008 12:15AM
he he, turn your brightness down Grin
13 Jun 2008 1:57AM

Quote: then look at the portfolios of the people who said "Nice pic".

Hey ....this system works...I came across a shot of two wet, black dogs on a beach - with a comment of "nice shot" from someone... followed it up and they have a 'click' rate of around 40 for each one

I could be gone for some time.....

Wink Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.