Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Clothing

kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
16 Nov 2006 4:15PM
I've never been let down by goretex. Maybe I've just been lucky. I once spent a very miserable 18 hours in the Cairngorms - a day of heavy rain and sleet, endless bogs and river crossings. May have been miserable, but at least I was dry!
kaybee 16 7.4k 26 Scotland
16 Nov 2006 7:02PM
TOG24 waterproof trousers are lined and have pockets...good price too.

Don't know about their jackets
IRaddict 17 34
17 Nov 2006 3:24PM
I have been looking for some kegs too, I haven't bought them yet but check these...

snickers
deviant 16 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
24 Nov 2006 4:08PM
I think Montane clothing might suit you. The eVent fabric is much more breathable than Gortex. I've been out in all manner or crap with no problems in them.

I also know a great American eBay shop that sells duck hunting trousers. You can wade up to your waist without taking your boots off.
SandyMiller 14 932 United Kingdom
24 Nov 2006 4:31PM

Quote:You're implying that unicorns don't exist. That of course is just plain stupid as anybody who has seen the Harry Potter documentaries will tell you

I think they also recommend an invisible cloak, presumably for camouflage when you're out photographing unicorns. I don't know if they're Goretex though
kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
24 Nov 2006 4:39PM
Cheers Dave - quite like the idea of those duck hunters . . . I'm still very wary of anything other than goretex. And who ever came up with the name eVent, clearly hadn't thought of the internet - impossible to google on.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.