Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

ColorChecker Passport and Camera profiles in Lightroom 4 Help!!!

russellsnr 11 158 Greece
13 Dec 2012 1:32PM
Hi, Need some help please.
I have been trying to use my CCP to make camera profiles in L/R 4 but every time I try to put in a new profile for the same camera i am getting the message "The following file already exists, do you wish to overwrite this file" it gives me no option to rename or for that matter even give the file a name in the first place.
I right click the thumbnail and choose the option Export_ColorChecker Passport, or go to File_ Export with preset_ColorChecker Passport
Thank for any and all help
Russ

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 11 6.7k 18 England
13 Dec 2012 2:20PM
When you do File>Export.....

the following dialogue box should appear where you enter the name of the profile.

cc.jpg

Then when you have restarted Lightroom under Develop> Camera Calibration choose the profile you want.
As you can see I use the date created as part of the name and sometimes the location as well.

cal.jpg

russellsnr 11 158 Greece
13 Dec 2012 3:54PM
Hi, Thanks.
But this is what I do not get the option to do "Enter profile name" and I don't no why.
Thanks again
Russ
russellsnr 11 158 Greece
13 Dec 2012 4:24PM
Sorted, Re- Downloaded and Reinstalled CCP software.
Dave_Canon 10 1.1k United Kingdom
15 Dec 2012 7:24PM
I have also produced profiles for Lightroom/PS. Though I used a Color Checker Passport to take the necessary shots, I used Adobe Labs DNG Profile Editor to create the profiles. The Adobe Labs software can be downloaded for free and at least one review (Northlight Images, I think) indicates that the Adobe software is better and more accurate than the X Rite software. You will need to look at the Adobe Labs H/B as well. You can also produce a profile for a converted Infra Red camera as well using this software.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.