Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!

ColorNavigator 6 with EIZO CG2420 - inactive Next button

tomekbu 2 3 Poland
15 Jul 2016 1:39PM
Hi,

I am using MacBook Air with El Captain latest version 10.11.5 and I am trying to calibrate my CG2420 using ColorNavigator 6.4.14.5. The problem is, that when Im going through "Create a new target" > "Enter manually" > "Monitor native" and get to the screen with Brightness and White point setting , the button "Next" is inactive/disabled, no matter if I do any changes or not, so I am unable to go any further. I have tried the same with selecting an existing Gamut, i.e. Adobe RGB (1998), but still the same.
Can you suggest me any idea what may be wrong?

Tomek

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
15 Jul 2016 1:52PM
Have a look at this
http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cn/

Personally I don't use Macs and have a Spyder for Calibration so I can't give much help but the above looked good.
tomekbu 2 3 Poland
15 Jul 2016 2:09PM
Thanks for this. My problem is while creating a new target, and I am unable to go any further after setting Brightness and White point, I cannot pass to another screen. This should be a very easy process, as shown i.e. in this film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ZQKYuds_Q , but I stuck at 9.57, when the guy presses Next - my button is just inactive. This might be due to some config settings maybe, but I still can't get through this..
Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
15 Jul 2016 3:42PM
In your first post you said 'New target>enter manually>Monitor native. In the video to which you linked after he has clicked on 'Enter Manually' he goes to Adobe RGB. As I said I don't know this system but he does say that 'Monitor Native' contains far more colours than the monitor is able to show and I am guessing that as you have posted the query here you are a Photgrapher. So I would suggest trying scrolling down to Adobe RGB and see if that helps.
tomekbu 2 3 Poland
15 Jul 2016 8:40PM
No, it does not help, no matter whether I choose Monitor Native or any other profile, i.e. Adobe RGB. It is frustrating since I can see many publications where people perform this, and in my case it is unavailable. There must be some reason, but I cannot find.
Thanks.
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
15 Jul 2016 10:50PM
You might like to post the question over here as the guy in the video, Victor, is the Eizo guru that answers all the questions Smile
tomekbu 2 3 Poland
3 Aug 2016 9:28AM
Yes, thanks for the tip.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.