Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Colour Management And Printing.

User_Removed 18 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
30 Apr 2005 10:39AM
Hi Steve

Just got in from a wedding so sorry not to have replied before.

Glad you are starting to get somewhere - printing can be a nightmare but once you've cracked it, it stays cracked!

Sharpening is a difficult subject to be hard and fast about as the amount varies between image size, output destination (print or web) and subject matter too. Have you seen the other thread here.

I use a product called Nic Sharpener Pro but it costs a lot of dosh. The advice I gave in the other thread is to sharp in increments - something like Amount 200 or 300% but with a radius of only 0.2

Do this a few times until you get the effect you want bearing in mind that the effect on screen may not be the same as the effect in print

As I say, the NIC Sharpener Pro takes into account image size, output destination and also scans the image for contrasty areas etc (which affects how sharpening is perceived) but at about 200 it might be more than most people are prepared to pay but it is probably the best sharpening product on the market today

Barrie Smile
stevebutler 16 122 England
30 Apr 2005 12:55PM
Thanks again Barrie, You have been a great help. I think I'll keep my 200 for now until I am earning millions as a world class photographer, but I'll play around with the settings you advise and I'll check out the other thread.
Cheers.

Steve!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.