Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Colour matching monitor & printer..aarrrgghh! Help!

old hand 17 1
15 Jan 2004 11:13PM
I amm new to forum but not to the colur cast problem. My understanding is that you will not get the print out exactly loke the monitor. The monitor uses Red Green Blue which if mixwd make white. The printe uses CYMK Cyan Yellow Magenta Black which if mixed give black.Also the monitor has a great range(gamut) of colours the printer software will atempt to correct the problem. First make a square on your monitor screen then Fill it with a graduated black to white about 4cm sqr.
Then print it you will find colour band often mageta. You can then o into the advanced setting and reduce the mageta by trial error till you can print out a couler free graduation. Save the setting and make a note of the paper and make of ink the process will have to be repeted if you change either. This worked for me remeber to sheild the monitor from reflected light if possible.
nordical 18 24 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2004 9:07PM
If you can use colour correction on your graphics card then use that instead of adobe
gamma. I find using an srgb profile for the print and setting the printer to print from source works better.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.