Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

colour spaces 2

DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
3 Aug 2006 3:38PM
A while back I made a post about colour spaces, I have finally read & read over the main points of my guide again (Magic Lantern - canon350D)and the only topic I am still stuck on is colour spaces, although I get the impression that mainly it is a matter of opinion.

If using the Auto basic green mode, what does the camera set on adobe RGB or RGB?

My instincs tell me that if my objective is printing I should do the following
1/set cam to Adobe RGB
2/Set Photoshop to Adobe 1988 colours

Printer using will be canon Pixma ip8500 with kodak ultima glossy photo paper.

I get my camera 2moro.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

deviant 16 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2006 3:49PM
Set your camera to Adobe RGB 1998
Set your workspace in PS to Adobe RGB 1998
Set your printer by a wing and a prayer ;o)
3 Aug 2006 3:56PM
guidoa 18 1.4k United Kingdom
3 Aug 2006 4:10PM
See if you can download a profile for the Kodak paper, I think the Kodak site does provide it for the printer, and use that in the printer profile. I use the profile for Canon papers and get excellent results from this printer
3 Aug 2006 4:13PM
You can also download a generic profile for every illford paper used in canon printers from the illford site.
D
guidoa 18 1.4k United Kingdom
3 Aug 2006 6:52PM
What deviant says is right, I hope you have more luck with the Kodak paper then I had, tried them all, not much success, Ilford is a much better bet. Sometimes you can get deals on it with places like 7 day shop
mikeyc71 16 1.2k
4 Aug 2006 11:49AM
What about profiles for HP printers? I have not seen a Kodak profile for the HP1215 or HP230 printers. I am struggling to get decent prints from these printers as the print outs are quite dark and I am forced to increase the brightness of the images in PS, almost to ruinous levels.
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2006 12:08PM
Have you calibrated your monitor? Is the problem the printer driver, your choice of colour spaces, or your PC monitor settings?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.