Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Comment Free

Brummage 16 51
21 Apr 2006 12:03AM
Maybe there should be an 'unclick' button which people can click on when they think an image is cr*p. The positive clicks could be reduced by the amount of 'unclicks' and a truer picture of what people think over all would emerge. Smile
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
21 Apr 2006 12:05AM
I disagree......

...in fact it's an idea so flawed it will be abused on a monumental scale.
Smile

...probably by Boyd.
mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2006 12:11AM
It has been suggested before.. but serisouly - What is the point?

Open to abuse too.

Mattw
Brummage 16 51
21 Apr 2006 12:11AM
Keith

After much deliberation........I agree.
chrism 17 118 England
21 Apr 2006 12:12AM
As a bit of an aside, I don't understand why people click or leave comments of praise on a blatantly flawed image. I think it basically amounts to lying and people are getting a false impression of the quality of their work. Encouragement is one thing, but there seems to be little of it at times.
Sus 17 3.2k 9 England
21 Apr 2006 12:23AM
Because for some reason that blatently flawed image appeals to the viewer? I will never lie about the quality of a picture, but sometimes a picture has, say, good composition but just bad quality - if it is a beginner who has an eye for a good composition I like to recognise that. If it's because they're using a cheap low spec camera, well it is no point mentioning they need to improve their equipment if they are 10 years old - will get lots of narked parents on here if their kids start insisting of full-frame DSLRs!
elowes 17 2.8k United Kingdom
21 Apr 2006 12:31AM
Why click on flawed images and not leave a comment? Why leave a comment if you have nothing of value to say especially if you only have humble opinions?
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
21 Apr 2006 12:40AM
I think, perhaps, that if you consider the image in some way flawed, then the place to say it is in the gallery, on the image itself....or am I a bit early for the revolution?
chrism 17 118 England
21 Apr 2006 12:53AM
The times i've done that Keith, I've either been ignored or dismissed. If you're alone in your criticism due to the serial clickers I get the impression people think your out of order..
21 Apr 2006 12:53AM

Quote:and am at a loss as to why it has received so many clicks anyway. It is basically a poor image.

Thanks Mr Brummage, this from a man who has been a member of this site for 18 months but has yet to post an image, perhaps if we could view your work then maybe your comments would have some validity. In my opinion people who criticise but do not hold themselves up for criticism are cowards.

I should say that I did not start this thread nor do I worry about the number of clicks my images receive. You all seem to be assuming that this image was taken from a male perspective ...
BigCol 20 1.8k 1 Scotland
21 Apr 2006 1:05AM
And that assumption would be because it's also being viewed from a male perspective.

Quote:It is basically a poor image

perhaps if the model had turned around, got her baps out and smiled sweetly into the camera it may have been improved?

Keep on doing what you're doing Pet, some people will like it, some won't, that's life!

Personally I like the image, except for one or two minor errors (in my opinion), but I'll leave those comments on the image itself.

Col
Brummage 16 51
21 Apr 2006 1:10AM
[Thanks Mr Brummage, this from a man who has been a member of this site for 18 months but has yet to post an image, perhaps if we could view your work then maybe your comments would have some validity. In my opinion people who criticise but do not hold themselves up for criticism are cowards.]

For your information, I had in fact posted several (around a dozen or so) bu chose to remove them a few weeks ago after I found two of them copied on another website. Of the pictures I had posted, I hade received two RC's. The least clicks on any of my images was ten, and the most was 60+.

I am no coward, and in my opinion, people who call people cowards without knowing the facts are another type or person altogether. (I will restrain myself).
Sus 17 3.2k 9 England
21 Apr 2006 1:15AM
woops sorry didn't realise this was about a particular picture, thought this was the general whinge thread and my response was to ChrisM's question generally - so probably not relevant here.

(sorry for interuppting you can get back to it now...)
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
21 Apr 2006 1:20AM
Calm down guys please.

BTW all this has been covered endlessly in previous click threads...all you need to do is try our recently introduced search feature. You could have hours of fun! Or, better still, just start commenting on epics in the gallery Smile

To answer a recent point about negative clicking - I'd love that feature if it could be used in a positive way, but sadly we tried it once and all we got was people who disliked another or through jealousy clicking unfairly to create a minus score.
chrism 17 118 England
21 Apr 2006 1:26AM
I thought the thread had moved on a bit as well and I was just having a general whinge...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.