Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Comment stats dropping?

Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
2 Dec 2005 9:06AM
One of the sad things seems to be the way that some are irritated by the way that others use the site.

We all use it in our own way and derive enjoyment from it.

How many times have you enjoyed something and then some contentious person has made belittling remarks about it, which has then sullied your enjoyment of it?

Don't let others put you off!

The site is first class, offering a number of amenities. There have been constant improvements, not the the least of which are the editing facilities we now have in both the forum and the readers gallery.

jas
oscar 18 4
2 Dec 2005 9:54AM
As a new comer to the forums I have to say that this site is for me a lot of fun and a challendge sometimes when I see the qaulity of some portfolios. Only a challenge 'cos i aint that good! I find it difficult to comment at times and often find myself limited to a 'wow' or 'stunning' which lends nothing to the debate or to the photographer.
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
2 Dec 2005 10:13AM
A picture is there to be looked at. Just saying 'wow' acknowledges, at least, that objective has been achieved.

jas
oscar 18 4
2 Dec 2005 11:26AM
You are right of course, but I sometimes feel that a constructive critism is useful/wanted, Truth is there are a high proportion of images that are both technically perfect and have achieved what the photographer wanted. At times all one can do is click and say wow.
regards
kevin
elowes 17 2.8k United Kingdom
2 Dec 2005 11:40AM
I don't find the clicks that useful but they do support the ego.

As a friend once said, 'It is surprising what people will buy'.

Point being that what a very small percentage on this site say (it is a small number who comment) about an image may not acurately reflect itstrue worth.
mizpol 18 37
2 Dec 2005 12:03PM
Just read the thread. The trouble is with things like this, is that, just like text messages, things can be misunderstood.. .......I BET YOU ALL THINK I'M SHOUTING NOW, but I'm not.........

I'll always comment, click, try to help and be honest just like people did for me when I started.

I agree with SuziBlue - "What matters is that I've learned from the pics I've seen and commented on"

If it wasn't for people like her who took the time to comment on my first upload a couple of years ago I DEFINATLY wouldn't have improved, wouldn't have a 20d now and wouldn't be going out tomorrow to make sure my 100th upload a little special.

...You'll always get sensitive people and always get people who spoil things........

99% of us are in between and ok.

Great site, great people, great help.

Thanks

Miz

PS

Keep clicking, commenting or taking what you want from this site....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.