Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Comments

Carl40 14 18 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 12:55PM
I Know I will probably Get slated here but what the hell.
I just can not understand why some of you on here keep on giving good comments on images that are not as good as you make them out to be.
I admit I am not the best photographer around, I have miles to go and achieve what i feel to be exceptable.
I myself would like to get honest opinions instead off false ones.
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 12:59PM
Let me tell you a secret.

Its a people thing, you know they do things that are different from each other and contrary to expectations to what we hold to be true.

So to the question of
"Does my bum look big in this?"

We avoid "big, its like the side of a house", and instead say "no no not at all"

Face it we are all pathological liars.

and you say "good photograph" on a number of photographs I would not have .

As I said we are different.
mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 1:02PM
the trouble is Carl, What makes a good picture?
We all have different oppinions as to what we like and don't like.

The comments left on a photo are there for the benifit of the photographer - I would suggest focusing on the feedback you are getting, and try not to worry about the feebdack for other people.
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
10 Aug 2007 1:03PM
Some pictures are for critting. Some pictures are for sharing.

Some epzedders crit. Some epzedders don't. Some epzedders vacillate between the two depending on the time of day, the time available and if there's an R in the month.

You can come and crit mine if you like Wink
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 1:07PM
When faced with a picture just say what YOU feel about it. Ignore what others say - there is nothing you can do about...its all opinion.
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
10 Aug 2007 1:27PM
There's always the Crit Gallery of course Wink (Just posted to one of your pics)
DaveU 14 1.4k 125 England
10 Aug 2007 1:35PM
We all have ego's and it's nice to have them massaged from time to time, but I think we can all distinguish between the sugary comments that don't say much and the more serious critique that can be genuinely helpful. Each has it's own place IMO and neither can do any harm.
rossd 17 1.1k England
10 Aug 2007 1:41PM

Quote:on giving good comments on images that are not as good as you make them out to be.

There - you've just done it yourself !! You've expressed an opinion which obviously differs from those you refer to ('some of you on here').

Strawman is quite correct it's a people thing.

Also how do you know that you are getting 'false' comments and not honest ones?
rossd 17 1.1k England
10 Aug 2007 2:09PM
Further to my previous, if the object of your post was to get clicks/votes then it has succeded. I think you have some highly original and imaginative images and I have commented/clicked on those I liked (well I happen to have a spare 20 mins or so !!). Still can't see why you think the comments of others are not honest?
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
10 Aug 2007 2:13PM
I often vacil-late - very late, sometimes! Smile
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
10 Aug 2007 3:51PM
On top of all that has been said there can be many reasons for a vote OR the tone of the comment.

As John has said, It's a people thing.....Smile

But your right there are some pretty grim images being posted.....Some so bad, Your lost for words, Or don't have a spare 24 hours to point out all the defects........Here it's best to move on, And find something a little more pleasing to the eye...........Smile

Quote:vacil-late

? Does that involve Vasilene ? Dam tricky to get out of your fur though.....Sad
ckristoff 16 994 Wales
10 Aug 2007 10:15PM
Since my ego is non-existent, everyone's pictures are better than mine. Therefore I shall continue to go out with my Eos 3, in hopes of improving my technique.

Because I love Jesus, I am not a patho what you might call it liar, so my comments reflect what I feel. On images that I may not like, I do not comment.

Frank.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
10 Aug 2007 11:19PM

Quote:Does that involve Vasilene ?

I don't know - ask Suzi - she brought it up first! Smile
Nick-T 14 45 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2008 9:54PM
Lol, i know the feeling, im sure Pete has missed my PF. I should have had an EC or POTW by now.....

Mustn't have seen my work Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.