Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

comments meister

beauvale 9 9
8 Mar 2006 10:58PM
Having a trawl around the site I found several users who had left thousands of comments.

One in particular had made an average of 64 per day every day since joining.

How the hell can somebody have the time to leave 64 meaningful comments each and every day ?.

Needless to say their portfolio has a huge number of pix with way over 30 readers votes (click for a click syndrome), although imo the pics would have got these anyway due to their high quality. Perhaps the comments are used to advertise the fact that they have a new photo on the site which may be 2 or 3 pages down and so not immediately apparent.

Can anybody beat 64 per day average?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

iansamuel 11 271 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 11:04PM
Quality, not Quantity! Are all the comments meaningful?
keithh 11 24.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
8 Mar 2006 11:10PM
What?...like this thread?
beauvale 9 9
8 Mar 2006 11:11PM
More meaningful than "nice shot" but seldom with any critique or tips on how to improve / present differently.

(That's two comments I've made on the Forum now, quite enough!Smile ).
Miles Herbert 13 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 11:15PM
I believe there are people with an average of over 80 a day...

...goes back to sleep.......
franken Plus
13 3.6k 4 Wales
8 Mar 2006 11:47PM
Any member has the right to quote on as many or as few as they desire. What right has any member to question this?

beauvale 9 9
8 Mar 2006 11:52PM
I wasn't questioning their right to do it.
It doesn't say that.
andytvcams 13 10.4k United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 11:54PM
conrad 11 10.9k 116
8 Mar 2006 11:56PM
As long as there's no copying and pasting or obvious click fishing going on, I have no problems with anyone being that active in the gallery - in fact, I'd encourage it and hope that the comments, however brief they are now, develop into quality critiques some day.

peter shilton 11 1.1k England
8 Mar 2006 11:57PM
Beauvale if you want us to look at your pics you can surely find other ways to do it than this?

Ooops, have just looked and Beauvale doesn't as yet have any pics or other comments. Must be one of those "teaser" trailers that you get!
beauvale 9 9
8 Mar 2006 11:59PM
Thread ends (from me) - that's four Smile

I've made my point so I'm shutting up now (good riddance I hear you say!).
User_Removed 10 4.9k England
8 Mar 2006 11:59PM
Someone obviously does have the time. If that's how they want to spend their time. Like an (estimated) 99% of members, I've no objection whatsoever. ;0
franken Plus
13 3.6k 4 Wales
9 Mar 2006 12:01AM
How can they make 64 meaningful comments each day?
What right do have to question this?

A question could also be asked about a certain member who joined a month ago but has made one comment and uploaded no images as to why they joined?
MoWiz 10 114 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2006 12:04AM
I average 44.4 per day since joining, but then again I have a job that allows me to be online while I'm running queries on the mainframe Wink

Quote:I've made my point so I'm shutting up now

I must have missed it, or were you having a pop at the lack of extensive critique, if thats the case I suggest you browse some of the thousands of shots on the site and comment, show us how it should be done, LOL
mad-dogs 13 2.2k England
9 Mar 2006 1:36AM
How do some people find the time to analyse how many comments individual members submit to forums? :o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.