Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Comments please

66tricky 14 742 Scotland
11 Jan 2012 2:38PM
I see you have change your theme to use GPP Modularity Light. I assume this is work in progress as the current layout really isn't working. GPP themes are good bt take a fair bit of work to get the best out of them. The b/g image isn't working well at all i.e. it masks the content and dominates.
A12PHOTO 11 17 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 11:32PM
Have been changing the themes all day so may not be the one your on about now showing.
66tricky 14 742 Scotland
12 Jan 2012 9:07AM
Ah..yes it's changed again. A couple of suggestions to aid trials and testing.

First, there is a brilliant local installation of Wordpress called InstantWP that enables you to work offline. Indeed, it's so simply installed that it can be run off a memory stick i.e. it makes no system changes, just creates a directory tree. It has all the components i.e. Apache, php and WP. You can install themes and plugins via the dashboard (same as web based WP) or you can drop themes and plugins into the correct dir and WP will recognise them. This makes iterative editing and testing of themes very fast and means you don't risk breaking your live site.

Second, there's a very good plugin called heasdpace2. It allows you to set a theme per page from the installed themes. This is excellent for side by side comparison of themes and theme edits. It also has SEO tools built in e.g. google analytics API insertion and other metadata tools.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.