Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Comments/Ratings

SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
30 Apr 2003 11:46PM
hmmm ... maybe true Jeff - although sometimes (if I catch myself in time!) I try not to read the other comments and instead make my own mind up first .. and then either just post and then look at the other comments, or find I agree with someone. I don't see it as repetition of comments so much as reinforcement .. whether it's praise or picking up on small points within the image. All valuable ..

Who's JR? Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jeff Russell 17 420
30 Apr 2003 11:49PM
Hope it's not me. Seems harsh for not commenting.
Miles Herbert 17 1.9k 4 United Kingdom
1 May 2003 8:23AM
Thank you Brian
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
1 May 2003 8:55AM
I would hate for ephotozine to get a reputation as being inaccurate. Smile
Lesley Jane 17 305
1 May 2003 9:07AM
I can't remember what JR stood for -the days when we(those of us over 40)were glued to 'Dallas' seem a long time ago!

I have really enjoyed following this thread and feel that the compromise of three separate 'sections' for uploaded photos is the best one so far .

Last week when I posted about whether we could have a 'problem photo-column'you suggested Pete that it was a good idea but would be too time-consuming for you. What has changed? Have you taken on more staff?

I agree with the limiting of the number of photos entered by a member. If I want to have another look at a photo that perhaps I commented on a few days ago I find that I have to go back about three pages or more to find it!

Lesley
bppowell 18 2.2k 2 England
1 May 2003 9:08AM
I thought it was just a dream and nobody shot JR.

Barry
Lesley Jane 17 305
1 May 2003 9:11AM
I think you are right - it was a most unsatisfactory ending if I remember correctly and the void left was hard to fill.

Lesley
GoodbyeAll 17 348 1
1 May 2003 9:24AM
Excuse me while I remove myself from this particular thread...I't is beginning to sound like...well a soap opera :0
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
1 May 2003 9:33AM
It was Bobby who magically reappeared in the shower after an 18 month "dream", not JR. Come on guys get it right.
marianne 18 30
1 May 2003 12:14PM
I nearly doubted myself for a minute then!
collinf 17 1.2k
1 May 2003 3:14PM
Pulling this thread back on track (what's "Dallas"???)

I also like the idea of the three sections, however, I wonder how many will go straight into the "Help Me" section.

I enjoy taking the "family snaps" but that's what they are to me. If I wanna share them, there's loads of other gallery sites on the net to do that. I tend to upload just my "decent" shots here. I know (for sure!) that I've got loads of room for improvement with my photography and nearly all mine would end up in the "Help Me" box. I have had only good comments on my pictures so far (thanks guys!) and would welcome more comments suggesting how I could improve. I have no problem whatsoever with criticism, as long as it is constructive. Just saying "this is ****" helps no-one!

I would also like to see a limit of three pictures per user per week uploaded, I put five up the other day and they disappeared to page 4 within 36 hours! Imposing the limit would also allow me to see and comment on many more pics from other users.

I don't rate by the way, I don't feel I can criticise (good or bad) by giving something a one or two when I know damn fine that my pictures are not perfect.

My 2p! + about 4 quid!

Collin
pirate 17 2
1 May 2003 7:26PM
If you want real feedback on your work, carry it around from gallery to gallery to see if there intrested in showing it, submit it for publication, enter into local shows, if you can't really look at your own work and have even a hint if its any good, shoot them for the family album. If you want to get better shoot alot, lots and lots of rolls, look at your bad stuff, and think about what could have made it better.
Its nice that you have a venue for people to show there work here, but I don't know that I would put to much thought into comments, good or bad.
Miles Herbert 17 1.9k 4 United Kingdom
1 May 2003 8:26PM
Brian...I'm getting seriously worried about you
Lesley Jane 17 305
2 May 2003 12:06AM
Collin,

In answer to your question - 'Dallas' was something of a cult soap opera in the 1970s. You are probably too young to remember it!

Lesley (only just old enough to remember it!)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.