competition entries - what size files??

NorthernEdge 14 535 England
21 May 2005 2:46AM
HI guys
I want to enter something in the "lines" competition. I see it says to make the image 500 pixels along its' longest point but what should the overall size of the file be?? Before I joined e2, I was asked to make the sizes of images 500pixels/no bigger than 60kb in total. Does this sound right for the competition entries?
chris

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PaulG 14 63 New Zealand
21 May 2005 2:57AM
As long as they are 500 pixels then your fine I think. (mod of epz to confirm).

I say that because my entry was over 60kb and it uploaded fine.

PaulG
I have the same doubt.
I wouldn't trust to post a photo over 60Kb because some time ago I did it (not for a comp, though), and the system accepted the photo without warning. But then I noticed that the system automatically compressed my picture under 60kb with orrible results, so I deleted it and reposted a 60Kb version. But in a competition you don't have the possibility to delete and repost!!!
A confirmation from an epz moderator would be appreciated.
(But I think this is the wrong forum for these questions, you'd better to repost it in general discussion or similar...)
Likwid 14 4
23 May 2005 11:02AM
Reading through the rules of the comp it says "Pictures should be saved at the indicated size suggested on the upload page."

Gavin
23 May 2005 2:16PM
oh well. I entered two in this months comp so we'll see how they turn out
thanks for the comments
chris
yuno 15 271 Croatia
28 May 2005 9:10AM
hmm i was just wondering the same myself. bumping in hope to get a formal answer... Smile
aftertherain 14 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
28 May 2005 10:01AM
For some reason I thought it said somewhere they had to be no larger than 50kb
akh Plus
15 1.2k 5 United Kingdom
28 May 2005 10:18AM
I always size mine to the pre e2 gallery size ie. 500 pixels in the longest measurement and less than 60kb in size.
Tony
28 May 2005 10:24AM
Hi Tony
Just put one into the "paint" comp for june and made sure it was 500px and just under 60k. 'suppose at least then it won't get edited in a way I wouldn't be happy with. Although if Answersonapostcard edited any I'm sure they'd look a lot better!!
Cheers

chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.