Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Competitions

malcf8 10 22 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2020 4:09PM
Hi,
Are there any particular sizes or format etc for competition images, do all comps use the same format. ?
I am able to upload images but after closing "ePhoto" and reopening the image has gone.
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2020 4:21PM
Hi Malc,

The team will I assure respond with the official line in a short while.

When posting to the daily pic challenge competitions you post the image to a forum so you can see your entry after it is posted. If you go into your eps profile and then click on the "about" tab you have an option to see your competition entries.

I hope this helps,

Adam
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
8 Oct 2020 4:27PM
All images have to be in jpeg format, if you try to upload another format you'll get a message saying the file type is not acceptable. As for size, the site advice is to upload the largest file possible (preferably in sRGB colour space for best colour rendering) and the site logarithms take care of the rest.
This applies to all on-site daily competitions, those where you upload in the comment field in the forums.

Can you say which competition you are having problems with?

Edit: the monthly competitions are also forum thread based and images are visible.
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2020 5:18PM
See - I knew you’d be along to correct me if I was wrong 😜 That’s why you are a mod.
9 Oct 2020 12:06PM
Yes I'm having trouble with October 'Autumn' Photography Competition able to load image but does not stay visible.
So I don't know whether or not it's been accepted.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
9 Oct 2020 12:36PM
I have checked through the entries for that comp and cannot find any from you.

Just to take this back to basics...are you following the correct upload procedure?
In a new Add Comment field, click on the blue camera icon then choose to upload from either your portfolio or from a device. Making sure the chosen image (if uploading from a device) is in jpeg format, upload. When the image is uploaded you will see something like this in the comment field:

[epzimg]3416560[/epzimg ]

click on Add comment and the process is complete.

If you are doing this correctly, then please let us know and I'll ask IT to look into the problem with you.
9 Oct 2020 12:58PM
I followed that procedure with the exception of, (click on add comment) I have just tried again and first thought was it's OK now but no,I left the site and went back and it had gone again. Help would be appreciated. REGARDS Malcf8.
9 Oct 2020 1:22PM
Really sorry the image is on page three and up and running OK, Sorry for the inconvenience, must be an age thing (75y) and thanks for all your help. Malcf8
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
9 Oct 2020 1:39PM
No problem, only pleased that we/you got it sorted.Smile
9 Oct 2020 3:04PM
OK, thanks again for your help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.