Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Completely and utterly flummoxed.... I require serious help please..

Philh04 Plus
15 2.3k United Kingdom
5 Apr 2021 11:25AM
That should read Type in the width or height you require leaving the padlock locked to maintain the aspect ratio.
hobbo Plus
10 1.7k 4 England
6 Apr 2021 6:10PM
A very interesting development today.....

The printerís rep contacted me to say they one of their technicians had missed part of the process....the proofs forwarded were not what should have been sent out.... a new set of excellent proofs is on its way.... ...interesting stuff!

I have explained that all my future printing will be done via my iPad AFFINITY by SERIF.....

I will report back here....

Hobbo
6 Apr 2021 6:22PM

Quote:A very interesting development today.....

The printer’s rep contacted me to say they one of their technicians had missed part of the process....the proofs forwarded were not what should have been sent out.... a new set of excellent proofs is on its way.... ...interesting stuff!

I have explained that all my future printing will be done via my iPad AFFINITY by SERIF.....

I will report back here....

Hobbo

Doh! 🤣
Are they even aware of the sleepless nights itís been giving us here? 😂
Philh04 Plus
15 2.3k United Kingdom
6 Apr 2021 8:05PM

Quote:Doh! 🤣
Are they even aware of the sleepless nights itís been giving us here? 😂

Indeed... LoL Smile
hobbo Plus
10 1.7k 4 England
8 Apr 2021 9:46AM
Mmmmmmm! Further to all of this...

I have on my iPad Pro....an app called ...BATCH IMAGE RE-SIZER.... it can take a single or a selected number of photographs .... then batch re-size them....

Question...if the largest print I require is A4 and the others in between are large crops to suit composition... which of the formulae in the screenshot here would be best please ? You can see original sizes in red on the thumbnails ... I wish I could do math.... .. Hobbo

150445_1617871542.jpg

Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
8 Apr 2021 10:55AM

Quote:Mmmmmmm! Further to all of this...

Hi again,
Personally, I don't bother with resizing files to be sent to the lab. and so far, no-one's questioned it.
I just make sure that they're cropped to the desired format; ie. A4, 6x4 etc. (no dimensions, just the shape) and that the pixel dimensions are at least as large as they need to be; yours surely must be, straight from the camera, to produce the print and I let the lab. deal with everything else.
In other words, I simply send them full size, full resolution files of the correct shape and they do the rest.
If in doubt, why don't you try sending them just one, prepared as I do and see what happens?
You've nothing to lose and if it works (it does for me) then all you'll need to do is crop your images to the desired format and nothing else.
Your workload just became a lot easier.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.