Control Surfaces

Chris_L 6 5.4k United Kingdom
24 Jan 2019 6:39PM
When you use a mouse to move a slider in editing software such as Lightroom, Affinity and Photoshop it can be bit fiddly so there are devices like this which make it easier to get fine control and also allow you to move two sliders at the same time but they are expensive.

250184_1548352634.jpg

Has anyone got one and do you think it's worth it?

What about the Shuttle things which start at 39?

I hear that they are great for mediaplayers, video editing programs, audio editing programs and you can use the 7 speed shuttle wheel to fly through your image catalogue and I believe you can use the inner wheel for moving sliders very slowly and precisely.

Does anyone have one? What do you think of it?

250184_1548355154.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 40 Norway
24 Jan 2019 6:49PM
ePz test of the Loupedeck here
Fma7 4 1.0k United Kingdom
24 Jan 2019 7:45PM
Another toy
sausage Plus
15 619 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2019 8:14AM
The Loupedeck is great, it does speed up editing but it is a bit pricey. But it does work.
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
25 Jan 2019 9:01AM
Yes, I bought myself one as Father Christmas forgot to get it for me.

Been so busy I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet, but have liked what I have used. It will take some getting used to, and using the large control wheel to crop an image is outright ridiculous, but everything else seems well thought out and the quality is very good.

One difference I noticed was that when sliding a slider with the mouse, because I can see it, I automatically tell myself "not too far", but if I'm using the Loupedeck I tend to crank it up a bit too much. If you have a specific workflow in Lightroom for the order you go through the develop modules, switching to using the Loupedeck will take some getting used to.
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
25 Jan 2019 9:03AM
One of the guys at my club got a standard MIDI controller and programmed it to work with Lightroom, and printed a template for the controls - worked out a lot cheaper apparently.
JJGEE 15 7.7k 18 England
25 Jan 2019 9:36AM
Two sliders at the same time..... see us men can multi task too Wink

Joking apart, I have starting using a Wacom tablet and found it easier / more precise using the pen than a mouse to move the sliders

Having said that, I am saving up for the Tangent System - Element to work with Capture One Pro.

I use a lot of short cuts so the Bt module would be the first to get

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.