30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

Copyright law and EPZ

jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
19 Jun 2007 7:08PM
Now I am not on my high hose or anything. I was just wondering if perhaps it would be a good idea if someone on the EPZ team, helped out the other members.
What I have in mind is under the Techniques banner for freelance, perhaps the rules on copyright could be placed. This would help those people who either don't know and would like to know, or those who are a little unsure of photographic copyright law.
I feel that there is a lack of knowledge or total confusion with regards to photographic copyright.
I don't mean to offend it is just a suggestion that I feel may help others in the long run.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
19 Jun 2007 7:21PM
This is of course an international site and copyright laws are different in different countries.

But in principle some articles on the subject could be useful, so long as someone kept an eye on changes in the law. If there's one thing worse than no info on law, it's misleading info!

There are some useful (UK) basics here.
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
19 Jun 2007 7:32PM
Carabosse, Yes I am aware the site is international and that copyright laws differ. But I feel a simple sort of explanations of copyright law, would and cold I feel at least help members who don't have the slightest ideas of copyright issues.
I know that it is a minefield but if a basic idea was set out I am sure it would help and not hinder EPZ members. Don't you think?
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
19 Jun 2007 7:35PM
I have already agreed it would be a good idea - in principle.

But who is going to write it? You? Smile
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
19 Jun 2007 7:38PM
Does this not cover a lot of issues?
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
19 Jun 2007 7:41PM
Carabosse in a word NO not me I have my trusty copy of "beyond the lens" so I know the law.

Boyd to your question again in a word NO the T&C of EPZ is not the copyright law, it is only EPZ's T&C's
mad-dogs 18 2.2k England
19 Jun 2007 7:42PM
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
19 Jun 2007 7:52PM
Cheers Mad-Dogs that is what I had in mind a pdf on here that members could download.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.