Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Cordless lawn mowers

Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
22 May 2020 12:55AM

Quote:Get someone else to do it . . .

Absolutely. With 10ft+ hedges front and rear (I like my privacyTongue) there's no way I'm doing my own gardening!

My Hungarian gardeners team are ALL called Roland. Or so they tell me. Wink

At least you don't have to remember different names when you are addressing different individuals........

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink Plus
16 6.4k 8 United Kingdom
22 May 2020 7:08AM
I too had a petrol mower for over 25 years and when it died 3 years ago I went for a battery mower, best thing I ever did, no more filling and storing dangerous petrol in the shed and starting issues on the annual first cut.
My mower takes 2 18v batteries and they will cut my front and back lawns twice before they need charging.
Charging time is about 2 hours and replacement batteries are about £40, its so light and easy to move around that it has become (almost) a pleasure to mow the lawns!
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
22 May 2020 8:41AM
No view really.

I still have a mower that you have to push with your own power !
22 May 2020 8:45AM
Petrol, noisy but powerful.
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.0k 58 United Kingdom
22 May 2020 10:50PM
Corded mower has served me well, i've not cut the wire since i was a teenager. i doubt a battery one would last me a decade.
peterjones 18 5.0k 1 United Kingdom
23 May 2020 9:34AM
Neither mains, battery or fuel, my mower is wait for it ......... manual .....!

Environmentally friendly, efficient and very good exercise, no cord to cut, no battery to replace, no fuel to fill and still gets amazed looks from the neighbourís children.

Mine is a modern example and poorly constructed I would really love an old manual mower the sort my grandparents would have had when exercise was a normal part of life rather than an extraneous activity.
Bridgelayer 13 691 United Kingdom
23 May 2020 11:06AM
Artificial grass - I haven't had to mow it for 3 years and only had to pull up a couple of mini-weeds in that time. No trips to the tip and the cats don't come near the lawn.
hobbo Plus
9 1.5k 3 England
25 May 2020 7:02AM

Quote:Artificial grass - I haven't had to mow it for 3 years and only had to pull up a couple of mini-weeds in that time. No trips to the tip and the cats don't come near the lawn.

Sadly it might look fine, it might save you work, but itís doing nothing for our diminishing Bumble Bees, or for the all important earthworm.... never mind the Blackbird and Thrush who regularly hunt for worms on real grass lawns.

Plus, it will be just another lump of disposed of plastic one day....

Ok as an indoor putting course though. Wink)

Hobbo

DaveRyder Plus
6 4.2k 2 United Kingdom
25 May 2020 7:25AM

Quote:. never mind the Blackbird and Thrush who regularly hunt for worms on real grass lawns.

Love watching the Blackbirds search after I've watered the lawn.

As for artificial - there was a spate of thefts reported around here of artificial lawns being stolen.

hobbo Plus
9 1.5k 3 England
25 May 2020 8:32AM

Quote:
Quote:. never mind the Blackbird and Thrush who regularly hunt for worms on real grass lawns.

Love watching the Blackbirds search after I've watered the lawn.

As for artificial - there was a spate of thefts reported around here of artificial lawns being stolen.

I wonder if anyone will Grass on the thieves ?

If they go to court letís hope they get turfed into prison.

Hobbo
Bridgelayer 13 691 United Kingdom
25 May 2020 10:35AM

Quote:

Sadly it might look fine, it might save you work, but itís doing nothing for our diminishing Bumble Bees, or for the all important earthworm.... never mind the Blackbird and Thrush who regularly hunt for worms on real grass lawns.

Plus, it will be just another lump of disposed of plastic one day....

Ok as an indoor putting course though. Wink)

Hobbo

There's also the fact that the bloody moggies around here are quite adept at catching birds in flight. We still get the blackbirds, spadgers, woodies and robins around and they don't go short of fodder.
altitude50 15 18.3k United Kingdom
25 May 2020 5:54PM
I used to cut Kent Walton's lawn!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.