Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Coronavirus - projects for the lock down

andart 19 538 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2020 10:45AM
As we appear to be heading toward being 'confined to barracks' I have been thinking about photography related projects to help pass the time:

1. finish 'processing' all the raw files from last years trips to Greece and Spain

2. I have a collection of old cameras that I have been threatening to catalogue for some years...

3. take a selfie every day in the same room of the house

4. take a pic out the same window same time every day to capture how the garden changes as we come into spring

5. If I get really bored, updating the keywords on my Alamy pics to try and get them all 'green'

Anyone else got any ideas to keep us amused ?
Snapper 16 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
17 Mar 2020 10:50AM
Seems a lot more interesting than finally having to decorate at least 1 bedroom, possibly 2! Sad
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2020 11:22AM
nothing much has changed for us, Pam has her china painting studio the back of the garden and stacks of white china to paint and I have my two EM-1 mk2s on monopods looking over a rear garden.

Frequent application of coffee and buns and I'm pretty well occupied Smile
chavender Plus
10 507 1 France
17 Mar 2020 11:33AM
As we are in rural France we are now on lockdown.
I plan to split my enforced isolation between becoming more comfortable with Photoshop via utube tutorials and as the garden wakes up pointing my camera at the emerging insect and plant life.
royd63uk Plus
15 3 1 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2020 12:04PM
I intend to practice manual focus and macro images.
Plus do some gardening
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.8k 2408 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2020 3:02PM
I have been putting together a collection of odd-ball props from our walks - abandoned gloves, babies' dummies, ornate drinking straws, stray plastic flowers from the cemetery up the road... My favourite photography writer Michael Freeman referred years ago to Guerrilla Still Life, improvised non-studio arrangements. I think I shall be amusing myself in the garden with that.
Jasper87 Plus
11 2.7k 158 England
17 Mar 2020 8:08PM
I'm already half-way through cataloguing my music collection. Guess I should start looking at YouTube tutorials then.....
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2020 8:13PM
As well not be seeing our Grandsons for the duration - Mrs D seems to think it's an ideal opportunity to decorate their bedrooms.

After toilet rolls, the next shortage will be paint, brushes and wallpaper scrappers.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
18 Mar 2020 12:03AM
The thoughts of Dr Vernon Coleman, prolific medical author, on the coronavirus are certainly thought-provoking.

LINK
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2020 9:53AM

Quote:As well not be seeing our Grandsons for the duration - Mrs D seems to think it's an ideal opportunity to decorate their bedrooms.

After toilet rolls, the next shortage will be paint, brushes and wallpaper scrappers.

you will be OK B&Q and Homebase have been buying in extra stock for just this reason Smile
dark_lord Plus
17 2.8k 769 England
18 Mar 2020 9:59AM
I concur with processing RAW files. I have a lot of folders 80% complete for example, and file tidying to do.

I'd already thought of still lifes, but no solid ideas, so time to have a rummage.
The garden will require maintenance too.

Landscapes (local) are an option too of course, there's not a lot of people around where I'm thinking so I'll hardly be mingling with anyone. In fact, landscape photography can in some cases be considered an isolationist exercise.
andart 19 538 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2020 2:22PM

Quote:The thoughts of Dr Vernon Coleman

not sure what that has to do with photography projects...
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
18 Mar 2020 7:53PM

Quote:. not sure what that has to do with photography projects...

Because according to that nutter, you won’t have to plan any projects just get out there and spread the virus without a care in the world.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2020 10:22PM

Quote:
Quote:. not sure what that has to do with photography projects...

Because according to that nutter, you won’t have to plan any projects just get out there and spread the virus without a care in the world.

And I thought that flat earthers were the biggest idiots. I was definitely wrong. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
19 Mar 2020 8:58AM
I've stated watching a few TED lectures....

This one's interesting - in 2015

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.