Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get the new ON1 Photo 10 and Save $100 Today. Use Code: GetPhoto10 View Offer

Cost of posting film

31 Aug 2006 8:07PM
Is the Royal Mail having a laugh? Last week they charged me 44p to send a roll of Sensia to Fuji (under their new system). This week, same PO, same clerk, same scales, same Fuji envelope and its 1 as apparently it's now a package !!!!!

So, 300% increase overall (and 33% over last week). What are others being charged - or have I been ripped off?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

c_evans99 12 7.0k 1 Wales
31 Aug 2006 8:11PM
Sounds about right really... time to start processing your own? Smile
Carabosse Plus
12 39.9k 269 England
31 Aug 2006 8:25PM
About 3 years ago I suggested that those who wanted to stick with film might - one day - have to consider doing their own processing etc because of cost, as the rest of the world switched to digital.

Got howled down of course..........

Funny old world! Wink
Snapper Plus
10 4.0k 3 United States Outlying Islands
31 Aug 2006 8:25PM
A large letter is up to 25mm thick and would be 44p, but a packet is anything over 25mm and is a 1. Was it loose or did you put it in the plastic tub as well?

CB: I'll keep posting, you(and others) can keep spending money on printers and ink cartridges, officially the biggest rip-off known to mankind!
duratorque 12 426 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2006 8:48PM
I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.
ckristoff 11 963 Wales
31 Aug 2006 9:29PM
While our friend Gordon is still in charge of my finances, I shall continue to use film, as I've got loads. I buy my film as cheap as possible, even if it's out of date.

The thought of digital just leaves me cold. Don't understand it m'lud! Smile Nor can I be bothered to learn it. I love my EOS 3.

BruceC 10 171
31 Aug 2006 9:35PM
Use a company that allows you to send films to them by Freepost - e.g. Peak
31 Aug 2006 9:42PM
Thanks for the feed-back folks. I do use Peak for 120 film and find their service excellent. A bit miffed that rip-off Britain now expects a quid every time I use 35mm. No doubt the cost to Fuji of posting trannies back is also 1 or more, so I expect pre-paid processing will also get more expensive.

Spinal 9 78
1 Sep 2006 7:39AM
[QUOTE]I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Do you have contact details and/or a url for those? I have found some info on yell.com, but would prefer a site where I can see a pricelist Tongue

EDIT: Found the darkroom: http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/

EDIT2: While looking around (the darkroom adds up to 24.90 per film for what I need - which is 7/8 more than peak) I found these people:
(also known as fotostation.co.uk)
Has anyone had any experiences with them? They ARE right around the corner from where I live, so I might pop by a spare film to have a trial...
starside 11 218
1 Sep 2006 1:24PM
google works wonders. or look above in this thread for a link to peak

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.