Could you list 12 things that would help your photography aspirations?

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2018 11:42AM
If every day for 12 days you had a new photo thing you felt would help then what would it be?

If you can set the list to the theme of the 12 days of Christmas - even better...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2018 1:26PM
This is what I was thinking:

On the first day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
A mirrorless low light sensor.

On the second day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the third day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Fifth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Sixth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Seventh day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Eighth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Eight posing models, seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Ninth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Nine image retouchers, eight posing models, seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Tenth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Ten clouds of backup, Nine image retouchers, eight posing models, seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Eleven studios kitted out, Ten clouds of backup, Nine image retouchers, eight posing models, seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

On the Twelfth day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
Twelve compositional eyes, eleven studios kitted out, Ten clouds of backup, Nine image retouchers, eight posing models, seven make-up artists, Six creative cloud subscriptions, five high speed lights ,four radio triggers, three three legged tripods, two wide angle lenses, and a mirrorless low light sensor.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
12 Dec 2018 2:18PM
Haven't you got any work to do, Stuart? Grin
altitude50 15 16.3k United Kingdom
12 Dec 2018 3:15PM
Just one moments genuine original ceative notion would do for me!Grin
12 Dec 2018 5:22PM
On the first day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
an increase in my visual awareness

On the second day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
a 2 x increase in my visual awareness,
and an increase in my visual awareness.

On the third day of Christmas my true love clicked for me,
a 3 x increase in my visual awareness,
a 2 x increase in...

...well, you get the picture, right?
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2018 5:27PM
Brilliant Stuart... GrinGrinSmile

I'd settle for ability matching ambition
12 Dec 2018 5:36PM

Quote:I'd settle for ability matching ambition

Your ambition should always be higher than your ability. That's what makes you improve.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
12 Dec 2018 6:36PM
I do not need any more equipment just more ability to see like an artist.

Dave
hobbo Plus
8 1.3k 2 England
13 Dec 2018 9:31AM
Carry a camera wherever you go......twelve times.

Hobbo
13 Dec 2018 1:36PM
Regarding equipment, nothing really, except perhaps for better high ISO performance for concerts and the like which I enjoy shooting.
The really important thing would be a big dose of what Alan calls visual awareness and Dave calls ability to see like an artist.
David
Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
14 Dec 2018 3:12AM
Time x 12.
14 Dec 2018 7:34AM

Quote:Time x 12.

Ditto
peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
14 Dec 2018 11:31PM
Take 12x more photographs than in 2018.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
15 Dec 2018 10:07AM
I took about 2,000 frames in 2018 though have deleted 40% of them. This would be a typical number for me and gives me the just under 100 final images I need for competitions.

Dave
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
18 Dec 2018 6:04PM
Can't think of 12, but - Voice-activated settings. Can you imagine how fab it would be not to have to fiddle with buttons and menus? And if it ever comes to be, remember you saw it here first.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.