Don't Miss Out On Great WEX Offers - Find Out More

Creating pdfs

Henchard 15 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 10:21AM
One disadvantage of AA is that some fonts (Herculanum is the only one that I've had this with so far) are specifically protected by the designer can not be embedded in documents by AA which recoginses the protection. Often 3rd party software will ignore that and still embed the font. Again unlikely to be a problem with most everyday work.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dark_lord Plus
16 2.4k 630 England
2 Nov 2006 10:53AM
Iíve looked on the adobe UK site, and it seems Acrobat 8 standard would fit the bill. There is a comparison of that with Acrobat Professional which offers a few more features and Acrobat 3D which offers a load more. Only you will know if you require either of those two over and above the standard. From what Iíve read before, Acrobat Elements is designed for many users over a network.
I only have humble version Acrobat 5 but it does all I need it to.

Keith.
Elimare 15 12
2 Nov 2006 11:01AM
I can recommend Adobe Pagemaker, it includes Acrobat Distiller, a program for printing and creating PDFs from Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, etc ...
I use it by my own and it works without problems.
(Adobe Pagemaker is not cheap, maybe you can find a good offer at ebay.)

Elimare
raziel_uk 15 4.9k
4 Nov 2006 10:44AM
Thanks all.

I've downloaded the trial copy of Adobe Acrobat 8 and it is very easy to convert files to pdf.

I'll keep the 30 day trial but then afterwards may actually buy an older version - at the end of the day it's only the pdf creator I want/need.
cambirder 16 7.2k England
4 Nov 2006 11:06AM
Ashley, what problems have you found with 3rd party creators?

I use OpenOffice to create mine and so far I have found no problems. Text, fonts, symbols, pictures and formula have all been produced without fault.
CathyT 14 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2006 11:43AM
Not sure if this will be helpful...a friend of mine bought this and it works a treat.

www.pdfonline.com
or

this page

scroll down to where it says 'Try it now', upload the file and its e-mailed back to you FREE..Theres a limit of 2MB files or buy the package...
Skodster 14 902 Ireland
4 Nov 2006 1:47PM
If you want to make PDF's with no hassle try www.pdf995.com as it's free and very good.

It installs as a printer and instead of printing off your docoment, you select PDF955 and it saves it as a PDF file.........easy and for free!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.