Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Creative Suite 4

Adobecs 14 114 England
15 Dec 2008 8:59PM
Hi,
I am sure someone will be able to answer this query, I have just ordered my new Apple I mac. I was ready to order Creative Suite 4 from Adobe and I am a little confused as there seems to be two versions of the suite. One which you chose from the drop down menu and opt Mac version instead of Windows, then I stumble across another Mac version for "Intel Based Macs". Which one do I order or does it matter, Mac or Intel Based Mac. I know the new Macs are Intel Based but a little confused. Anyone have any suggestions.
Cheers & thanks for any advice,
Pat.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kalseru Plus
13 3 9 England
15 Dec 2008 9:53PM
My son just bought a new Mac and as I understand it all new macs will have Intel processors from now on. There are apparently some issues with software and driver compatability between PowerPC and Intel chips so I think it probably does matter which version of CS4 you buy.
Andy
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
16 Dec 2008 10:20AM
If you have a recent (post-2006?) Mac, it will be Intel-based so you want the Mac/Intel version of the software. The PowerPC version will run on Intel (using the 'Rosetta' translation layer), but there will be some impact on performance.

Note: most recent Mac software is available in 'Universal Binary' format. This does away with the need to get the version for the right processor architecture, as it is compiled to run natively on either. If it states 'Universal Binary' or has the Universal Binary logo on it, you're fine. Otherwise, get the version for the processor in your Mac: PowerPC for older Macs, Intel for anything released in the last 2 years. If in doubt as to which type you have, select 'About this Mac...' in the Apple menu.
Adobecs 14 114 England
16 Dec 2008 7:06PM
Thanks for your replies it looks like i will be getting the intel version as I have only ordered the new Mac yesterday.
Thank you.
Pat.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.