Regatta Offer: Save 15% on 'Top Picks' With Code TP15

Creativity vs Technicality...

sitan1 Plus
13 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2021 10:07AM
I love being super creative and boundaries are what you set yourself, as long as an image doesnít look overly fake or overly processed itís all good.
I think the technical side is present in every photo regardless of creativity or not Grin
dark_lord Plus
17 2.8k 784 England
3 Mar 2021 11:00AM
There is a balance to be had.
But that's true of any art or craft where there are some technical considerations with tools and materials for example.

As has been sad, without a modicum of some technical knowledge and understanding the creative part won't be fully realised in results.
Similarly, being purely technical can often result in uninspiring images. As well as technical we should include technique which doesn't always impinge on 'technical. An example would be a macro image where there's been no attempt to tidy or find a non-distracting background. As would be blindly shooting at f/16 'because that's what we're told to do'.

I have a blog written on similar lines to this which will appear at some point when I dig out ome illustrations.

Some get wrapped up in the technology too, to the exclusion of all else. Think 'Oh I must buy an expensive camera to take good pictures'.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.