Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Critical analysis of work submitted.

Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
31 Dec 2002 1:29PM
I've found and deleted the offending Pablo pic.
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2003 1:22AM
I must say I agree with these comments. If we're not careful, it will get nasty and out of hand. It's a great site, let's look after it.........Oh and I am guilty of the use of the word 'Crap'. I do apologise. Shall keep it clean in 2003.
Paddy 18 254 8 England
1 Jan 2003 5:16AM
this was left on 'Jim Waltons' picture, he joined us 29th dec 2002...quote:-(A clumsy superimposition of the foxgloves on a rather boring background. It doesn't even look natural.)
Do you think this comment will help him or put him off.....
Also, Laurel I'm glad you are turning a new leaf for 2003, starting afresh, forget & forgive...you Know what I mean...
You can get carried away with the thread...& forget there's a person at the end of the photo...I have been there so I know how it feels..
Paul.. sorry your picture got the better of our childish behavior.... it was not a slurr on your work....
Paddy
bppowell 19 2.2k 2 England
1 Jan 2003 9:50AM
Advised or "told" what is the difference?

"Told" in the context it was put does not mean "this you must do" it simply means inform of what the viewer thinks could improve the image.

As for "told" in the sense "you will do this" it happens to me every day of the week, if its not the wife it is my boss at work so whats wrong with being "Told what to do".

Barry
absurd 19 228 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2003 10:53AM
Barry,
surely the difference is simply a matter of diplomacy or tact? (plus the fact that you accept that certain people are in a position to TELL you what to do). The written word doesn't easily convey modifiers such as a grin or a laugh as would a conversation. If everyone would read what they've written and consider how they would react to such a message before they hit the enter button, at least some bad feelings would be avoided.
imho
Steve
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
1 Jan 2003 12:51PM
If someone, tapping away at their keyboard in Minsk, says something like 'actually I think this picture of a cardboard box is meaningless, boring rubbish' because they think it's meaningless, boring rubbish, and the person who took the picture is offended by the remark, who needs to change their reaction? the person who takes offence at the words? or the peron in Minsk? And if other people get upset about what the person in Minsk said, should they have the power to silence the person in Minsk? or to ask that the person in Minsk changes to suit the world? And am I saying all this with a sneer, a blank stare or a wide smile?

Calling oneself a photographer or an artist or a musician or a writer implies that you expect your work to be assessed by the critical public and accepted or rejected or argued about, especially if you want to stimulate controversy. No point being precious about it. And if someone thinks an Emperor - or even an Empress - is naked (steady guys ... steady ..! lol) why should one have to be cautious about saying so.

Oh - and by the way - can we have the X-ray back. It's a Christmas chicken. Or a turkey. Not human.
Paddy 18 254 8 England
1 Jan 2003 3:51PM
Hi Suzi
there's naked & NAKED.....
Just say it constructively..if you going to say anything thats all.
if that's a chicken, what were we operating on last night lol)))))))
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
1 Jan 2003 4:27PM
Guys, I wanna see the goddam CHICKEN !

(Excuse the language - I will keep it clean when I've seen what all the fuss is about the crap xray) (sh*t, did it again) (oh bugger)...
Smile
photoid5 18 154
1 Jan 2003 5:42PM
Happy New Year everyone! Things are hotting up, I see. Never a boring moment.,as they say....
1 Jan 2003 5:50PM
Leanne!! Hi! happy new year and how was South Africa ... looking forward to your pics!!

and yep - never a dull moment on this site!! hahahaha ... it's been a-rockin and a -rollin LOL
Paddy 18 254 8 England
1 Jan 2003 5:51PM
leanne.
happy new year...hope you had a good hol.. look forward to seeing your pics
you'll soon get into the drift..
suzi how did you get in before me lol
bri... suzi ate the chicken
New pic bri....silly bug..er
Paddy
photoid5 18 154
1 Jan 2003 6:25PM
I had a great time, thank you ,and judging by what I've been reading so have you...

Paul, some of us like having silly conversations with our e-mail buddies.

Never lose your sense of humour;
you know, it's not like we're saving lives or anything...

To say it's bad when it's bad is constructive criticism . I think it's more helpful than saying nothing at all.
And Tom, to make a living as a photographer usually means having to discuss your work and receive very direct comments on it and on what it says about you, and so a site like this is good training for the real thing.
Paddy 18 254 8 England
1 Jan 2003 6:28PM
glad your back..leanne
BOB S 18 2.6k
1 Jan 2003 8:13PM
Leanne, how was SA then - get the big 5 ??

What is this pic (X-Ray ?) that Big Bri wants to see ? - cos obviously I did'nt see it either.

Now I am curious.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL
1 Jan 2003 8:34PM
I AM CRUSHED!!

I would like it to be known that I did not eat the chicken. It escaped and fled to Pablo's house. He then did strange and wondrous things with roentgen rays and KFC have since cancelled their contract for emergency supplies.

Plus I am a vegetarian and chickens are my friends ...

ROFL!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.