Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Critical analysis of work submitted.

SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
3 Jan 2003 1:21PM
I certainly have nothing against showing what to me looks like the Christmas post-prandial chicken in X-ray ... just compare the X-ray with an idea of a cooked chicken on a plate having been carved - and its right leg to the left of the photo ...

My point in this discussion is that repeating the ideas of Warhol and others from that era seems to me to be less demanding - and illuminating - for an artist than developing the answers that came from that period.
BOB S 18 2.6k
3 Jan 2003 8:14PM
Its amazing that such a poor "image" can evoke such strong feeling, lets skip it and get on to better things before Pablo really believes he is Andy Warhol, heaven knows what we will have to endure then.

BOB

Sorry to be so blunt Pablo, but until you come up with some sensible words for us on this image this is all you deserve.
sinargee 18 245
3 Jan 2003 8:15PM
Pablo,
Did you make this image yourself? or was it borrowed from one of your friends.
hotd 18 10
11 Jan 2003 6:44PM
As a noob to this website and forum, I would have expected constructive criticism of any photo I was brave enough to submit. That means, suggestions for how to improve the photo, or how it could have been done differently. Just saying it's crap means you either can't be bothered to form a real opinion of the photo, you don't think it deserves one, or you're jealous because it's good! Wink Seriously though, I could dismiss many photos taken by others because the subject/style/technique doesn't appeal to me. That doesn't mean I can call them crap. Yes, by posting photos we are opening ourselves up to criticism, but surely we can offer something better than just "I don't like it - it's rubbish"?
That is all,

Helen.
smig71 18 4
18 Jan 2003 8:35PM
I'm kind of sitting on the fence with this one. On one hand,it can be very detrimental to a begginning phtographer's confidence to be told their photo is garbage with no explanation of why. On the other hand, at least they know they did something wrong that needs fixed. I myself am just learning, and I know I have a long, long way to go in my photography, but I would rather hear now that I am doing things wrong so I can improve, rather than continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again.
Obviously, though, it is much better for all concerned if there are reasons given for why a photo is garbage, but even when there aren't any, it will still make me want to try harder so that my photos are no longer deemed to be rubbish!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.