my god!

is this thread STILL going......
Carabosse 18 41.7k 270 England
21 Sep 2006 10:25PM
Do you wanna be part of the gang Ade!

Would love to have you! Smile
22 Sep 2006 12:47AM
Just a reminder that we could do with a few more volunteers.

Please note: there's nothing complicated about this proposal.

So far we've had the following expressing an interest:

Culturedcanvas
Dave Thelens
Joolsb
Magicboy
Teesider
TN
Carabosse

Below are Pete's words on the subject. As you will see his main concern is that photos are lingering in the Critique Gallery too long. We are doing well on this at the moment but, inevitably, it can be all too soon forgotten. That is why a team is needed to keep up the momentum.

Quote:There may be different ways of defining what critique is and there may be some really hard and fast rules in some circles. My view is simple - all I would like is to see those who ask for help by posting in the critique section, get help. This can be a view from any level of experience. You don't have to be an expert, but a balance of the team will give the whole thing more credibility.
To do this I picked up on an idea in a previous forum that said why don't we ensure there is focus on giving critique by having a critique team. I sounded the idea in the forum, knowing I haven't time to focus on this at the moment, but also aware that we have two pages of critique photos un critiqued.

If you are interested please post on this thread. If you would rather volunteer privately please PM myself or Dan.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
22 Sep 2006 1:03AM
I'm too prejudiced against foriegners, but, I'll try to do my part. I don't want to be a member of a team though.
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
22 Sep 2006 10:41AM
I'd be happy to give a hand

Stephen
22 Sep 2006 2:05PM
Excellent! Smile

Culturedcanvas
Dave Thelens
Joolsb
Magicboy
Teesider
TN
Carabosse
Tooth

................room for more!
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
22 Sep 2006 2:45PM

Quote:I'm too prejudiced against foriegners

I have no problem with foreigners. It's just everyone else's photos that bother me, otherwise I'd consider volunteering!

;-D

Doug
culturedcanvas 16 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2006 4:13PM
Hi, im just finalising the details for the critique team, if anyone has any further suggestions or would like to become part of this then please PM as soon as poss ...

Cheers

D
24 Sep 2006 1:42PM
Hi everyone

Just writing to announce a list of people who have either finally confirmed participation in the critique team, or who expressed interest in joining once it was formed:

Dave Thelens
Joolsb
Magicboy
Teesider
TN
Carabosse
digicammad
Whipspeed
ade_mcfade
tooth

There will be a small set of loose guidelines appearing in the next few days for critique team members as well as another set in the FAQ's section.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input and ideas, and also for the work which has gone into the critique gallery so far. Things have definately improved ... we now have very few photos left without critique, and many photos have multiple comments, with good detail, and suggestions been a regular thing.

Im more than convinced that over time this gallery will become a very valuable resource for members old and new. If any one has any questions or suggestions please PM me.

I'd also like to thank all of the other members of EPZ who are regularly posting into the critique gallery without being part of the team. The general ethos is to continue to promote this, and alongside the critique team, ensure the ongling success and popularity of this section.

Enough of the spiel .....

Cheers

Dan
User_Removed 17 3.3k Russian Federation
24 Sep 2006 2:36PM
Errrm, I've never actually expressed an interest in this... I've had input into this conversation, but at no point have I ever put myself forward to be part of the team...

Sorry, but it's not for me.
24 Sep 2006 2:42PM
Hi James

Sorry about that .. id listed you in a post on the 17th september, and hadnt realised that you'd posted indicating you weren't interested ... no problems will remove you from the list.

D

PS Id also like to add Randomrubble to out growing list of participants in teh critique team .... !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.