Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Crufts 2008

whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2008 12:45PM
Just wondered if anyone else was going next Sunday?
I'm going with a friend who is showing a whippet, so will be round the whippet benches most of the day having a picnic and glass of wine. I'll post the bench number later in the week if anyone is going and wants to say hello.

Sarah
5 Mar 2008 9:58AM
Billy no mates then Smile
Stockczech 14 445 Czech Republic
5 Mar 2008 10:04AM
Not quite Sarah!
I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday (Discover Dogs) and Sunday - showing two Cesky Terriers, then covering the terrier group for Dog World (write-up only, the photos are someone else's problem Smile)

We'll probably be having a picnic - and maybe some Czech beer as well - if you can get over.

Sheila
5 Mar 2008 2:47PM
Hi Sheila, I'll try to pop over & see you. Which ring and class are you in? We're in early as friend is 3rd class of the day, but not sure what time, as there are usually hundreds of whippets! It goes a bit faster if we're showing her greyhounds as there are not so many.

Sarah
Stockczech 14 445 Czech Republic
5 Mar 2008 6:00PM
Hi Sarah,
Hall 1, ring 3. We're third in, and my bitch is in Open, so I guess we're talking about five minutes before they call the Terrier Group. Sad

I'll be on our Discover Dogs stand until about noon.

You can't miss me - I'll be the one trying to talk French, German, Czech and Dutch all at the same time Wink

Sheila
6 Mar 2008 10:49AM
Hi Sheila, I'll try to get over to see you, might not see you show, as looks like we will be doing that at the same time.

Sarah
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
6 Mar 2008 2:38PM
Quote from Crufts spokesperson:

Quote:"And these are three different judges, all with their own opinions on a particular breed - because judging is subjective even though it's done against a breed standard.."

Applies to judging photos also, I think?
6 Mar 2008 3:11PM
Alot of judging is done by looking up the lead to see who's showing as well. Well that's sometimes my opinion when watching anyway.
Jas, does apply to judging photo's as well and why I don't belong to a club now.
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
6 Mar 2008 3:17PM
not many camera club members attempt poisoning though as a means of winning.
Wink
6 Mar 2008 6:56PM
Probably only because they hadn't thought of it!!! But now you've made the suggestion ..........

Wink
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Mar 2008 8:16PM
I must make an effort next year.
I am at home awwwww and ahhhhhhh and I want that and I want that as well......Smile
elowes 16 2.8k United Kingdom
7 Mar 2008 10:19PM
British camp comedy at its best Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.