Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

CS 2 RAW Conversion

User_Removed 15 4.9k England
7 Dec 2005 1:17PM
Definitely need the RAM to run C1 LE or PRO. But then I can load 100 raw images, correct them and batch process them 20 at a time with C1 LE, and go watch TV or something else. Takes about 2 hrs with my 384MBs RAM on my very old mac, and they're all opened in PS7 waiting for me.... C1 LE best RAW converter I've found by a long way, for results
Col
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
8 Dec 2005 4:23AM
Thankyou all sorry I haven't been replying much on this, I had my christmas party at work last night and it's taken me all morning to try and focus on the screen.

I think I'll go for the C1 PRO for the RAW conversion, as Keith says it's about how seriously you want to treat your files. I'm still going to get CS 2 as well but for the other benifits it gives.

Also when I think about it clearly speed is not going to be a major issue as I'll be running it on a 2ghz dual processor with between 2 and 4 gig of RAM.
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2005 4:25AM

Quote:I think I'll go for the C1 PRO for the RAW conversion

Before you splash out on C1 Pro, download the free trial of C1 LE and make sure you really need the extras in the Pro version. I use LE and have not wished for any other features, I think those in the Pro version really are for pros. It's a lot of extra money to spend for some features you may never use.

Ian
future 15 153
8 Dec 2005 4:53AM
I agree with Ian, try out the LE version has all I need in it....nice Mac by the way !! serious piece of kit.

I also agree that C1 is the package to go for, over CS2 and Rawshooter, having tried then all.

Cheers Chris
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
8 Dec 2005 7:22AM
Thanks Chris and Ian, I've used LE before and looking at what you get extra with the PRO the majority of the features would be very beneficial for what I'm looking to do with it. I also get a discount ofF MACS and software through work and with what I'm saving on the computer it will easily pay for C1 PRO.

I'm in a fortunate position were at the moment I can afford to set up my digital workflow to a high level. I'm seeing it as an investment in my future.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.